help making a pick

littleguybigstik

Feb 12, 2006
I have the 2nd and 3rd overall in the 4th year of a keeper pool. I have a young team and ofcourse looking for the best players. In our pool Dmen are a premium. I have staal, bourdon, carle, keith, ohlund and krajicek. Forwards are solid, wolski, parise, nilsson, semin, vanek, michalek, dumont, ribiero and ladd. we only get pts for actual pts but dmen get 2pts for a goal.

My question is who to take, i clearly wont compete for about two years.....
do i take staal? kessel? backstrom? Assuming e johnson goes first.. fella who have first needs dmen bad....

Any help would be much appreciated... i was thinking kessel and staal.... but backstrom is very intriguing.... but staal has the name.

Thanks

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
if you have decide between backstrom and staal, take the following into account: backstrom will very likely be the center of ovechkins line and also on the pp with ovechkin and semin => huge numbers.
if staal stays at center, he will be behind crosby and malkin what will hurt his ice time and if he switches to wing, it will take some time to adjust.

i like staal as a prospect a lot, but in that case backstrom is the better option, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad