Help locating Bauer helmet ear covers

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
For the life of me, I can't find replacement ear covers for my Bauer HH5000 helmet. I can find the rubber ear loops all day, but not the clear plastic ear covers.

Does anyone know where I could pick up a pair or even just one?

Last edited:

BlackDog13

Jun 4, 2010
PA
I've got a set I just took off a brand new Bauer 4500 and will never use. I'd venture a guess they'd fit your 5000. If you want them, PM me your address and I'll drop 'em in the mail.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Same as BlackDog13 I have some off of a new Bauer 5100 that I'll never use (at least I think I still have 'em). If his don't work out, let me know.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
If those guys dont have some that will work, any Bauer dealer can get them from Bauer. We get them from Bauer all the time to have them when tourneys come to town and kids are missing them and cant play.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
As luck would have it, the ones BlackDog sent were just a tiny bit short. If my head were smaller I bet they would've worked.

Pog Form, here's a picture (attached) of what they ones I need look like. Are they a match for what you've got?

Same as BlackDog13 I have some off of a new Bauer 5100 that I'll never use (at least I think I still have 'em). If his don't work out, let me know.

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Do you think these differ in size depending on helmet size?

Between adult helmets, I'm not sure since they're adjustable by quite a bit. The guy who sent his replacements to me had a different model helmet all together, so that was probably the difference maker.

BlackDog13

Jun 4, 2010
PA
Between adult helmets, I'm not sure since they're adjustable by quite a bit. The guy who sent his replacements to me had a different model helmet all together, so that was probably the difference maker.

Crap! You'd think those things would be standard from model to model. :shakehead

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Crap! You'd think those things would be standard from model to model. :shakehead

I know, they almost fit but the way one mounting tab was angled, it made it just off enough that I couldn't make it work. Like I said, if my head were smaller then the distance between mounting points on the helmet would be lesser, and it would've been able to fit just right. But no such luck :)

HolyRollie

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA

True. I can see the different model not matching quite right. I would figure they might be the same size for the same model helmet in different head sizes. I have two of these helmets in medium size if you want to try that.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Should work. These measure right around 5" so if yours match the picture and aren't far off of that then it looks good :D

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
As luck would have it, the ones BlackDog sent were just a tiny bit short. If my head were smaller I bet they would've worked.

Pog Form, here's a picture (attached) of what they ones I need look like. Are they a match for what you've got?

I'll have a look when I get home and will let you know later tonight, likely around 9:30 p.m. at the earliest.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hmm, couldn't seem to find them with the rest of my hockey stuff so I have a bit of a fear I might have actually tossed 'em. Let me know if this other fella's covers work for you, and if not, I'll have another look around. Sorry about that!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
No problem man, thanks for even looking! I'll wait to see what anyone else might come up with.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The first set I got came off the 4500 helmet, they were different.

Unless yours look just like this:

attachment.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad