HELP! Is there a stream to watch the 2nd day of the draft?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I am panicking a bit - my landlady refuses to add the NHL Network to the cable package (at my expense) because I'm moving in 2 months, and she "doesn't think it's worth it" since she hates dealing with the provider.

So glad I picked up her mail and kept an eye on her house while she went on vacation for 3 weeks, the stupid @#$()(@%@.

Anyhow, I'm potentially SOL on 2nd day draft coverage. Any idea if there will be a web link? Somewhere I can pay to watch it?

Madic

May 21, 2008
I'm assuming TSN blocks the 'States online users, or something, given your post...? If so, not sure, don't think I've ever seen a stream for it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Meh, the TV coverage from NHL Network last year was brutal anyway. You had experts of, uh, questionable pedigree (Button and someone else, Weekes maybe) talking over all the picks that were going live, so you had to sit there refreshing NHL.com to find out who just got drafted. You'd think they would have an updating scroll or ticker with the name of the guy that got picked or something, but nope. I wouldn't pay a dime for it if I were you.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Meh, the TV coverage from NHL Network last year was brutal anyway. You had experts of, uh, questionable pedigree (Button and someone else, Weekes maybe) talking over all the picks that were going live, so you had to sit there refreshing NHL.com to find out who just got drafted. You'd think they would have an updating scroll or ticker with the name of the guy that got picked or something, but nope. I wouldn't pay a dime for it if I were you.

Yeah it was super piss poor. I wish they would step it up hardcore.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The past year or 2 I remember catching it online somewhere(I think nhl.com or one of those live streaming sites).

As somebody pointed out the coverage is piss poor. Instead of talking about players currently being picked they just talk about picks made the first day, with the occasional mention of current picks(usually more hyped players or guys taken by Canadian teams)

In all honesty I would much rather listen to some podcast by guys actually talking about the events of the draft, then the NHL Network coverage.

NHL33*

NHL.com should have it again, and yes, the second day broadcast is brutal.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
No Finnish channel is showing the NHL draft, so are there many streams online even only for 1st round, NHL.com, MyP2P.com etc.?

And yes, the TSN stream works only in Canada.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I watched a bit of it on NHL.com. To echo everyone else, the coverage was sewage-quality. Talking heads verbally farting over each other in a series of non-sequiters and anecdotes, utterly igoring the actual draft. Not even any updates on who was being drafted... just pointless chatter. After an hour or so, I just gave up and turned it off and just refreshed the draft list.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The best thing to keep you informed is to go on the page where the drafties are listed. Because to be honest, on NHL Network, you'll have the broadcasters talking of Couturier, Landeskog, RNH, Larsson, etc. all over and over again, possibly interviewing them and asking them the same questions.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
NHL.com should have it again, and yes, the second day broadcast is brutal.

If I can stream it, I'm good - I found the 2nd round was decent coverage last year, but as they go into the later rounds it gets progressively worse and worse.

That'll work well enough for my liking though.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
What I wish the NHL Network would do with the 2nd day coverage is make a spilt screen. One side would be the draft board. The other all the interviews and talking heads.

It annoys the hell out of me to watch the talking heads talk for 20 min and have no clue who is being drafted and being forced to look at the ticker to see who ended up where.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
This is pretty much what you can expect to see the entire 2nd day of the draft

I don't expect the talking heads to be able to give in-depth analysis for each obscure player drafted in the mid to late rounds, but is it too much to ask that they at least mention the players name and give a few basic facts about them? Also when they do interviews with GMs etc. why not throw in a few questions about their day 2 picks?

Madic

May 21, 2008
What I wish the NHL Network would do with the 2nd day coverage is make a spilt screen. One side would be the draft board. The other all the interviews and talking heads.

It annoys the hell out of me to watch the talking heads talk for 20 min and have no clue who is being drafted and being forced to look at the ticker to see who ended up where.
+1. I don't care to hear what they're saying. I can read that on a dozen sites...which is what they're reading off of anyway. I want to see each pick as it happens, instead of waiting for the always-late online ticker or trying to glimpse it over the broadcasters shoulders.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
There's usually a TSN stream to be found that is free for all on ustream, justin.tv or similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad