Help for the Draft...habs perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
Now that the club is out i can concentrate on the draft and the question i have for the board is this...
at the habs selection in the first rd, who would be this years Ryan getzlaf or jeff carter or mike richards or anthony stewart

I want a forward, preferably centre over 6'1 , can skate and has a strong work ethic.

except for carter all those players would be in and around the area where the habs are picking this year

with my criteria, who should i get excited about, thanks for the help everyone :help: :)

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
shayne said:
Now that the club is out i can concentrate on the draft and the question i have for the board is this...
at the habs selection in the first rd, who would be this years Ryan getzlaf or jeff carter or mike richards or anthony stewart

I want a forward, preferably centre over 6'1 , can skate and has a strong work ethic.

except for carter all those players would be in and around the area where the habs are picking this year

with my criteria, who should i get excited about, thanks for the help everyone :help: :)

Drew Stafford is the guy to pick...

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

Drew Stafford C North Dakota (WCHA) 6-2/200 USA

"the top forward prospect out west is North Dakota freshman center Drew Stafford, a well-constructed powerhouse who combines skill, speed and a hard-nosed physical approach."

2003-04 U. of North Dakota NCAA 36gp 11g 21a 32pts 30pim

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd say Bruce Graham, Boris Valabik, Blake Wheeling, Alex Picard, Wes O'Neil, or Fransson would be some of the guys Savard/Timmins will be looking at that could be there at 18th. Stafford I don't think will drop to 18th but it's tough to say for now. I've talked with one scout who says that Graham is getting a lot attention by several teams and could be a top 15 pick. I don't know about Valabik cause we have a similar player in O'Byrne. Wheeling I doubt we'll take, I can't remember us taking any players from the USHS, but he's creating a lot of buzz and is NCAA bound. Fransson I think we could trade down to try and get a 2nd, but that's just a guess plus Savard said he liked him last year. O'Neil is a tough one cause I don't think he'll drop to us, but if so I would think we grab him although I wasn't overly impressed with him in the couple times I saw him. Picard I like but I'm not sold on him, he would be lower on my personal list but he still has good skills.

In other rounds, guys like Casey Borer, Mike Lundin, Steve Birstill, Fredrick Naslund, Jan Steber, Anton Belov, Jonathan Siglet, Klye Kubertanz, Mark Tobin, Josh Soares are all guys I have seen (expect Naslund) that I could see us being interested in at different levels of the draft. (with our 3rd, sharks 3rd and hawks 4th, we have 3 picks that should be close together)

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
shayne said:

I'd say that you have a shot at Adam Berti from Oshawa and Chad Painchaud from Miss. Berti has the size and is a really good skater who just needs to fill out. Painchaud is a little on the small size at 5'11 but is probably the best NA skater, and he plays a smart gritty game for his size.

Stafford or Chipchura would be nice but I expect them to be gone before the Hab's pick. Tyler Haskins St. Mikes, Blake Comeau Kelowna and Adam Pineault Boston Col. would be worth looking at in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad