Help Buying Wireless Ear Buds For Sensitive Ears

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I am trying to get my father wireless ear buds and he is being impossible.
I don't know the anatomy of his ear, but I've tried pro beats, apple air pods, jaybirds, and he vetches about them all falling out of his left ear (ugh).

So I wanted to know if you have any you may recommend or better, what store (I am outside Washington DC) I can go to and get some expert help fitting him? Think of like trying to get a fat kid special clothes, obviously ordering by the internet is not going to work. Thanks.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't know the anatomy of his ear, but I've tried pro beats, apple air pods, jaybirds, and he vetches about them all falling out of his left ear (ugh).

So I wanted to know if you have any you may recommend or better, what store (I am outside Washington DC) I can go to and get some expert help fitting him? Think of like trying to get a fat kid special clothes, obviously ordering by the internet is not going to work. Thanks.

Have you tried the kind that have a loop that goes over the ear? They may still fall out of the ear canal, but at least they won't fall to the ground.

Also, I've heard of people attaching at-home custom molded ear plugs to ear buds. The custom part fits the shape of your ear and helps the ear buds stay in your ear. They're pretty cheap and maybe worth trying before going the professionally custom fit route.

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Custom-Molded-Earplugs-Tan/dp/B0006GWRJK
https://www.amazon.com/Decibullz-Earplugs-Comfortable-Protection-Shooting/dp/B01N129AQ8

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yes thats the point of sponsorship to a degree....is your bechamel sauce on point though?
The point is he's being paid to say he uses them and his opinion on them is worthless. Just like celebrities who get paid to say they use Huawei and Samsung and yet all their tweets are posted from an iPhone.

Ftr I've never heard of the guy, but recommending them for fit and comfort based on the opinion of a guy who is paid to say he likes them is silly.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
The point is he's being paid to say he uses them and his opinion on them is worthless. Just like celebrities who get paid to say they use Huawei and Samsung and yet all their tweets are posted from an iPhone.

Ftr I've never heard of the guy, but recommending them for fit and comfort based on the opinion of a guy who is paid to say he likes them is silly.
Based on what the OP has asked for, and the brands he's been through, I'd think just about any other brand is worth noting. We all know how sponsorship works, but thanks for the update.

Our OP has a problem with the fit of the buds and this product comes in 6 different sizes.

I was also open about the endoursment, so I dont need a lecture

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have the Air Pods Pro with a memory foam instead of the silicone ear inserts. It doesn't put stress inside my ear and I can wear it for hours.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
The most comfortable pair of earbuds I have are the Qian39s due to the smaller circumference and they sound really good too but they're wired. They have a flat side so I can lie sideways and still wear them. Also happen to be one of my best sounding earbuds despite being $7 from AliExpress, I honestly prefer them to a set of V-Moda headphones I have and more expensive earphones and earbuds.

So I don't know how essential wireless is here, if he's just wearing them inside the house then you probably would be fine with wired but they're $7 like I said so at worse you have a spare pair of comfy sounding earbuds with a good sound.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Try the Samsung Galaxy Buds, they're built with ingenuity where you slide them into your ear and they stay there with beautiful sound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad