Help buying tickets from the UK...

PeterGreg1

Jul 21, 2015
Sorry I know this is my first post and I don't want to clog this forum up with rubbish... I've tried a few of the official outlets and haven't got a response yet, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help....

We are coming to Vancouver from the UK in September for our honeymoon.

As a big hockey fan, I noticed there was a Canucks vs St Jose preseason match at the Rogers arena on Sep 22nd. After crawling the canucks website and nhl exchange for tickets I came to the conclusion it must have sold out. Therefore I looked on viagogo and was delighted to find some tickets on there.

It was only after I bought them I became slightly concerned that maybe the reason I couldn't find any "official" tickets was because they hadn't gone on sale yet and I had in fact jumped the gun.

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this and put my mind at rest - have they gone on sale yet? And if not, is there any plausible reason someone could be selling tickets already for this match? The last thing I want is my honeymoon being slightly spoiled by not being able to get into the arena.

Many thanks! Pete.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Last year preseason tickets didn't go on sale until September, so yes, I think you're just very early. These games probably won't sell out at all (and definitely not months in advance). I fear you've probably paid a big markup.

Third-party sellers who know they'll have access to tickets will sometimes sell them earlier (I think they have a commitment from season ticket holders who know they won't be going). They often don't deliver, even electronically, until much closer to the date of the event.

Also, congrats on your wedding. Glad you guys picked Vancouver (even if I haven't lived there in years)!

PeterGreg1

Jul 21, 2015
Thank you very much for your reply and thanks for the congratulations! :)

I feared that might be the case!

I do feel a little happier now.

Can't wait to get to Vancouver. I've heard fantastic things about it.

Pete.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
If you're able to cancel without a penalty, you might want to, since you can probably get them much more cheaply later on.

That said, the Canadian dollar is pretty weak right now, so it probably cost you like£5 anyway. :laugh:

And since preseason is a pretty poor experience to begin with, if you want to watch footy while you're in town, too, the Whitecaps will still be playing in September -- MLS is thought to be somewhere between the Championship and League One by UK standards, probably closer to the former these days. (Lampard's team will be in town on September 26, although he will undoubteduly refuse to play on artificial turf).

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Preseason tickets are not on sale. You'll easily be able to get them, likely as a walkup day of the event for preseason.

There are also season ticket holders who will gladly sell them to you because the games don't mean anything... and likely at BELOW cost.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Edit: Nevermind, I just re-read and saw you already bought a pair of tickets! Well I hope you guys have a great trip to Vancouver and enjoy all the sights and the game. Should be fun!

Last edited:

PeterGreg1

Jul 21, 2015
Thanks for the info people! Bit gutted I bought tickets now but oh well... at least if they turn out to be counterfeit, I know I can still get walk up tickets! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad