Helmet repair or new helmet recomm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well I'm using a Bauer/Cooper 3000 with a Itech HLC half shield. The padding in the helmet are getting hard and yellowed and a couple pieces have fallen out. I hot glued them once and it all fell back out after a couple games. Any suggestions on what to do or should I get a new helmet(tempted to since I got tax returns :) ) Don't want to spend a ton of money since I'm in college and playing in a semi-casual league. Saw a good deal on a Bauer 5000, but anyone had experience with trying to fit a Itech HLC shield on it? It's the one with the vents on top. I heard Jofa was good for ventilation, cept I couldn't find one...kinda phased out like Itech ones are.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The 5000 is probably the best bang for the buck right now. It should be compatible with any Itech visor, but you should ask the people at the store. I am using a Reebok 8K helmet. It is a great helmet, best I've ever had, but it was really pricey. But if you had to chose a piece of equipment to spend the most on, it should be the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->