Equipment: Helmet / cage combo question

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hey I just bought a new helmet, Bauer Re-Akt 100 helmet/cage combo. The cage is too small, like it doesn't come down below my chin the way I like cages to do. My neck and the under side of my jaw feels too exposed. Not a big deal because I planned on swapping it with my old Itech Titanium cage. However, the little screw holes on the forehead part of the helmet that you screw the cage into aren't the same as all my previous Bauer helmets (they're closer together) and the little steel clips (http://www.elecdirect.com/images/pageheaders/Stainess_Steel_P_Clips.jpg) don't line up correctly when I try to put on the Itech titanium cage. The wires are in the way, but the way the wires are angled on the Bauer cage it came with allows them to slide closer together. Does that make sense? I was wondering if anyone has experienced this when trying to swap cages and what you did about it to make it fit. The only thing I can come up with is to find some of those steel clips that are angled more inward or longer so I can bend them a little but I'm coming up empty.

If there's no ideas I guess I'll just buy a larger size Bauer cage (the helmet / cage combo was medium) and see if that protects my chin a little better but I really like and prefer the Itech cage.

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Do you have a shop that's nearby? They might have those old Reebok clips that are L shaped. Also ensure that you are trying to install it clips up as opposed to down like other Itech cages.

Otherwise, you might be SOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad