Injury Report: Helm having Headaches

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm pretty down on Helm right now, partly his play lately but mostly his health. If he ever manages to stay healthy again I hope we explore our options.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Maybe A2 takes his spot next season. I don't see Helm being able to stay healthy. He got his ring and name on the cup and some decent money came his way, not bad.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Have to wonder if we should just scratch Helm off our list for the season. We've seen guys come back relatively quickly, but we've also seen guys like Eaves miss tens of games with concussion symptoms. I don't remember him getting tagged that hard, either.

Detroit Sports*

Helm, Joker, Kindl, Prospect and Pick for Evander Kane :sarcasm:

:laugh: Holland would offer more if the Jets accepted. He would throw in Mantha , Sproul and Mrazek. Mantha looks like a bottom 6 guy...

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
“It was never a piercing headache and kind of came and went,†Helm said. “It was never bad. Then the Jersey game I got a headache. The headache itself wasn’t keeping me out of the game. I was having troubles with vision, seeing the puck.â€

Years ago I had, what I assume, to be a concussion that didn't cause headaches or vommiting, but did cause problems with my vision. The issue I found was that, while playing, I could follow the puck and the play but if the puck was passed or moved from one player to another, if the puck disappeared behind another player in the process, I couldn't track the puck once it reappeared from behind the in-between player. It's like I'd follow the puck, it'd move behind another player, and as far as my brain would care, at that point it would just disappear. Very strange. I kept playing and eventually it just went away.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I love Helm, I do, but we have so many centers right now. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him. :\

yeah, it sucks cause none of those other centers really can do quite what helm does.

but ****, he plays so little that it almost doesn't matter.

package him up in the summer for a D man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad