Hello New Sponsor on the Helmet

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not really! This is the beginning of more and more ads! Once they see how much they get from this, they will sell more and more space.

This is also horrible in Finland.

images
images
images

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
THIS IS SO DUMB! They are just pretending it is about money loss. It is really about money gain for the future.
Oh come on. I'm SURE that as soon as the pandemic ends, they'll promptly remove these additional revenue streams without a second thought.

Something-something toothpaste back in the tube, something-something beachfront property in Nebraska...

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Huh? You make it sound like curling fans don't drink beer...

Sorry, that wasn't the intention of my post. I was more alluding to the fact that beer sponsorships in curling rinks are very rare. Even sponsorships for major televised tournaments, they're rare to see. As apposed to most hockey rinks, where its pretty commonplace to see a beer sponsor plastered somewhere in the venue.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
THIS IS SO DUMB! They are just pretending it is about money loss. It is really about money gain for the future.
It's future revenue to supplement future lost revenue. Someone's gotta pay Bettman's salary. I volunteer to replace Gary Bettman, I'll do it for 1/4 the price & add 2x the fun, guaranteed (like the 7-minute Abs guarantee, but waayyy better).

"New Amsterdam Vodka Hart Trophy" lmao.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I hate Bettman as much as everyone else, but to his credit, he has been against advertisement on jerseys and the playing surface and has stated so in public. I understand the slippery slope argument here, but I really doubt Buttman will go full Euro on jersey ads. You never go full Euro.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I wonder if the teams could sell the player names? Costco passes to Wendy's, Wendy's winds up a shot, oh save by Macy's. Rebound picked up by Outback Steakhouse. This rush brought to you by Wallgreens. Stakehouse takes it over the Chase Bank redline where it's poked away by Bluecross BlueShield....

685d63c091739c08df91fbc8375ae119.jpg

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This is the start.
They're never going back and it only gets worse from here.

I am shocked at how many people don't believe this. On the other hand, capitalism has proven a difficult concept for a stunning number of Americans. And you know what? I'm not the least bit interested in watching the slow drip over the next 10 years or whatever. Just rip the god damn bandaid and fill the entire uniforms up with ads right now, just like in Europe. Just get it over with.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I am shocked at how many people don't believe this. On the other hand, capitalism has proven a difficult concept for a stunning number of Americans. And you know what? I'm not the least bit interested in watching the slow drip over the next 10 years or whatever. Just rip the god damn bandaid and fill the entire uniforms up with ads right now, just like in Europe. Just get it over with.

LOL.
That's coming. It's gonna have to go slow, though. It took a pandemic like we haven't seen in 102 years to bring about some helmet stickers.
Next up - Jersey ad.
And once they do one, it's over.

Reactions: Al48 and jaster

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't get why people magically believe that greedy people come across new money stream and will not choose to continue on. Remember how there used to be no ads on the boards? This is no different, simply the start of even more ads. Few years ago, digital ads on the behind the net glass, then new ads on the corner ice behind the goals. However, no ads get removed, funny how that works eh?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Who in the world designed that "logo," a second-grader? The font is terrible, and it looks all crooked.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Not as embarrassing as Manchester United putting a huge Chevrolet logo on the front of their jerseys. A car make that literally nobody in the UK has ever seen, let alone drives.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not as embarrassing as Manchester United putting a huge Chevrolet logo on the front of their jerseys. A car make that literally nobody in the UK has ever seen, let alone drives.
Maybe they plan on selling a lot of Corvette?
The new Chevrolet Corvette will arrive in Europe in 2021

(Obviously It's about the world market. Heck, I don't even watch soccer, but I know Manchester is a football club.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad