Hello darkness, my old friend...

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
These fans that make these videos are the worst kind of people. All kinds of cringe.

Meh...there's a lot worse on Youtube. Just yesterday I saw a video of a bunch of guys attending rave inside Fortnite and screaming "BRUH, THIS IS SO LIT!''

Reactions: SniperHF and TB12

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just can't believe watching old Bob on what the status of this organization is. It is so sad, I just feel like McDavid is going to spring a trade request out of nowhere this summer if these guys aren't canned. Einstein couldn't fix this.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll try to ignore the irony that someone on a hockey message board complained about someone making a creative and insightful video about hockey...

...and just ask, really??? Those are the WORST kinds of people?
Creative? It's a video where the guy whines about shit that has been constantly regurgitated here. The fact that you'd post it just magnifies the fact there are posters here who come here to bask in a negative atmosphere devoid of all context.

Notice how he mentioned nothing regarding player development--a significant contributor to the current lack of organizational depth? Something that has marred the organization for over a decade. Was that too complicated?

The only thing videos like this do is give some schlub a soapbox to spew his unoriginal opinions. It's comparable to typing in all caps. When someone comes to the table with original ideas, interesting perspectives, I have no issues with the post. But this guy might as well be Soundwave.

In summary, there's nothing new here. The discussion it's promoting has already occurred.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Creative? It's a video where the guy whines about **** that has been constantly regurgitated here. The fact that you'd post it just magnifies the fact there are posters here who come here to bask in a negative atmosphere devoid of all context.

Notice how he mentioned nothing regarding player development--a significant contributor to the current lack of organizational depth? Something that has marred the organization for over a decade. Was that too complicated?

The only thing videos like this do is give some schlub a soapbox to spew his unoriginal opinions. It's comparable to typing in all caps. When someone comes to the table with original ideas, interesting perspectives, I have no issues with the post. But this guy might as well be Soundwave.

In summary, there's nothing new here. The discussion it's promoting has already occurred.

Your comments assume that the target audience of this video follows hockey and all the minutiae and issues surrounding it as much as someone who spends a significant time on this board. Perhaps you've heard it all before but there are many who would find this a reasonably articulate summary of many of the Oilers issues.
He spends some of his time talking to a camera about the Oilers.
You spend some of your time talking to a message board about the Oilers.
Not really sure why you're so hostile towards it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Creative? It's a video where the guy whines about **** that has been constantly regurgitated here. The fact that you'd post it just magnifies the fact there are posters here who come here to bask in a negative atmosphere devoid of all context.

Brainstorming/ideation/iteration, writing a script, lighting/filming, editing, rendering, uploading............... so, yes, literally and objectively creative.

He put time and effort into creating content about a team he's passionate about, and I did not see any whining. I found the roster moves summary interesting, succinct, and informative, and did not sense any meaningless whining.

Not sure why you're so up in arms about it, you're welcome to have your opinion and move along. Please do.

Reactions: madmutter

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I just can't believe watching old Bob on what the status of this organization is. It is so sad, I just feel like McDavid is going to spring a trade request out of nowhere this summer if these guys aren't canned. Einstein couldn't fix this.

He would just nuke it and start it from scratch ;)

Well with McDavid

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Your comments assume that the target audience of this video follows hockey and all the minutiae and issues surrounding it as much as someone who spends a significant time on this board. Perhaps you've heard it all before but there are many who would find this a reasonably articulate summary of many of the Oilers issues.

To add to your point, not everyone who is a fan of the team lives in Edmonton, or even Canada. Or has friends or coworkers that care about hockey, let alone Oilers hockey.

I'm in the states, I watch the games and follow the story of the team pretty well, but it's not like I can have a beer with someone else who is a fan of the team, or drive around listening to Edmonton sports radio.

If you're in the Oilers bubble, or have tons of friends and family talking about these same things all the time, then I get it... but, be understanding there are fans across the globe, who might find another fan's perspective interesting.

Anyway, this got derailed, I just thought it was a well made video and since it's not a game day that it might be worth sharing.

Reactions: markusschoen76

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Your comments assume that the target audience of this video follows hockey and all the minutiae and issues surrounding it as someone who spends a significant time on this board. Perhaps you've heard it all before but there are many who would find this a reasonably articulate summary of many of the Oilers issues.
True. There may be a target audience outside of a hockey board. It is a valid point in this case. In regards to this particular video, the issue I have is that it doesn't provide us with any original thoughts. It's promoting a repetitive conversation.

In regards to these types of videos in general, I just think it's counterproductive in our society to have soapboxes for people to spew, in many cases, uneducated opinions, or at least ones that lack sufficient context for the content they are covering. It leads to a widely uneducated audience who now somehow believe they have a validated opinion on a subject if the posters in question have a wide enough audience.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Meh...there's a lot worse on Youtube. Just yesterday I saw a video of a bunch of guys attending rave inside Fortnite and screaming "BRUH, THIS IS SO LIT!''
Hahaha that actually made me f***ing laugh out loud... so. LOL for once literally.

Reactions: Tremor

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Katz is making money hand over fist from the fans still. He has zero incentive to fire everyone and try and fix things. Don't hold your breath folks.

Reactions: TheRebuild

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
If McDavid could skate faster than the speed of light (and he's close), then he actually could go back in time to 1990 and fix this.

E=McD^2

Amazing, this must become a new meme! What happens if we shoot the entire team into a black hole?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Katz is making money hand over fist from the fans still. He has zero incentive to fire everyone and try and fix things. Don't hold your breath folks.

As long as the franchise earns money, absolutely. He’s not an Oilers fan, he’s a money fan. Same thing with Bettman, he looks at the dollars and cents, sees the franchise earns a shit ton, and correctly concludes that it’s well run. People need to stop buying into this team. Cancel season tickets, stop buying Oilers shit, leave that building empty. Vote with your dollar.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Ah thought the video was alright. Ya saying what we in here all know already. But thought the fella did a good job , had some laughs , made myself mad all over again and depressed over the dire situation. Still worth the viewing. Thanks for sharing

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Fans complaining about the video is not looking at the bigger picture here. Unless you have more to contribute to removal of the leadership group, this gives more awareness to many other fans that may not fully understand what is going on with the oilers and unlikely to visit forums like this that have discussed the problem in depth.
Considering how much we have media attention about the mess on the oilers, having accessible fan made media that directly states the problems that most of us complained about is good in the long run. If it helps get awareness to Katz that he needs to fire his trophy case of ex hockey players/managers.
Were probably going to see more of it because that is what the world is now.
Then it can only be a good thing. If you didn't watch the video and complained about it, then give us something more then your self righteous bias on what is considered good information to digest because all your feeding us is drivel, considering it is a well done summary of current state of the oilers.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Stuff like this should play on loop at every shopping mall and other public places with screens.

BTW, too bad they got rid of their Petry dish (says Gene). This is the culture right at this moment.

images

Last edited:

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I've always loved Ry, he's a fantastic Youtuber. Unfortunately, the case he makes at the end is incredibly damning of this whole organization. And the only person who has the leverage to change it is Connor. I'm officially at the point where I want Connor's agent to demand a house-clearing, otherwise Connor asks for a trade this summer. It would be unprecedented, destabilizing and all kinds of nasty, but this is literally the only thing that's going to change the upper management in a market where Katz is guaranteed season tickets and corporate sponsors. Please, Connor. Save us.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad