Movies: Hellboy 3 will '100 percent' not happen, according to Guillermo del Toro

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Love Guillermo Del Toro, love Hellboy, so I'm sad. His new project "The Shape of Water" sounds quite interesting though, and it's got a stellar cast so I'm glad he's still making his weird wonderful fantasy movies if not Hellboy

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Rather have Hellboy than have him waste any time on the final season of the Strain

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I think Hellboy was always a bit overrated.

It reminded me too much of League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

I'm not the only one! It's a nice comic to read but there is a lot more interesting stuff. Hell Boy is more like Tank Girl, except the Tank Girl movie sucked.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hellboy was good, a little busy and hard to follow at some points.

Hellboy II was amazing. Shame we won't get the payoff of Red annihilating the world which was hinted at in the first two movies.

I know GDT gets most of the credit for the amazing art direction in his movies, but a lot of that comes from his visual designer Wayne Barlowe, who did the art direction in Avatar, Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim, Hell Boy, and some of the early Harry Potter movies. That guy is one of my favorite artists. He did his own adaptation of Dante's Inferno with his own artistic interpretations and it blew me away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad