Heiskanen vs Risto

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Who do you think will be better off and def?

There is maybe 2 defensman in the entire league who are worse than Ristolainen defensively.
and even that is being generous.

So I like Heiskanen's chances to be better defensively

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
There is maybe 2 defensman in the entire league who are worse than Ristolainen defensively.

My dude you need to watch the guy play

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012

Cute attempt at getting a reaction. There were a lot more than 2 guys worse defensively just on his own team last year!

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
My dude you need to watch the guy play

Haha, get a load of this guy, watching hockey like some neanderthal. It's 2017, we use Excel spreadsheets to enjoy hockey these days.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Heiskanen will be better def AINEC, that's for sure.

I also think that he'll be better offensively, or at the very least very close.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Haha, get a load of this guy, watching hockey like some neanderthal. It's 2017, we use Excel spreadsheets to enjoy hockey these days.

This made me laugh way more than I should, well done sir.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Heiskanen will be better def AINEC, that's for sure.

I also think that he'll be better offensively, or at the very least very close.

You could cut off 3 of my fingers and I could still count the amount of defensemen more offensively talented than Risto on one hand.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You could cut off 3 of my fingers and I could still count the amount of defensemen more offensively talented than Risto on one hand.

He's better offensively than one of Hedman, Burns, or Karlsson?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why do you hate Risto?

I don't hate him, why would I? I just think that he's a total liability defensively and literally everything supports my stance, from eye test to literally every stat you can think of.

It's more me thinking highly of Heiskanen.

Are you confusing "not as offensively talented" with "more defensively responsible and hence not generating as much offense as would be possible if they'd play with Ristolainen's defensive risk level"?

And you'd still need at least your other hand's five fingers.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

This meme is so tired.

The "spreadsheets" record actual on-ice events. They're not being pulled from thin air.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I can't tell if we're talking about Risto in this thread or a young Karlsson.

Yeah he didn't figure it all out right out of the gate but he has all the tools to turn into a two way superstar. Even as a Stars fan I like his pure upside better than Heiskanen's. Typically the younger player would have that advantage.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
When people use "AINEC" it tells me this person probably doesn't know what they are talking. When they use it to compare something that hasn't even happened yet (i.e. future potential) it removes all doubt.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Heiskanen is an absolute rock in the defensive zone and he's probably going to be a top 10 defensive defenceman in the entire league before he's 25.

Top 10 defenseman? hahahaha. Heiskanen is a great defenseman, but Ekblad, Hanifin, Jones, Ristolainen, Provorov and more, they are better IMO...

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Top 10 defenseman? hahahaha. Heiskanen is a great defenseman, but Ekblad, Hanifin, Jones, Ristolainen, Provorov and more, they are better IMO...

Key word defensive, so none of those guys are going to be his primary competition. Having said that, he still has his work cut out for him to pass Ekblad, Hanifin, and Jones.

wildandwoolly

Scrappy Salad
Jul 3, 2012
Catskills
Best part about the advanced stats proving Risto is "bad" at defense - also show that Gorges and Kulikov were the "best" at defense on the Sabres last year. Think there's more to a player than one simplified advanced stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad