Equipment: Heel curve hockey sticks

Mog

Oct 24, 2016
California
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what brand has good heel curve hockey sticks that really make a difference for slap shots and also where to find them.
I currently have really liked the CCM ribcor 40k, and prior to that went with the Easton stealth getzlaf/lidstrom type curves. They are becoming harder and harder to find and I would appreciate anyones input. I want a decent flex and currently slapshot high 60s to low 80s with momentum. But want more consistency. (Using a radar gun for baseballs, not sure if that's accurate)

PS I am also a righty, and about 150 pounds and 5'11.

Thanks guys!

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
I'm a d-man who likes his slapper too, and I use the Reebok P40 Hedman. It's classified as a mid-heel more than a heel curve, but it's still pretty heel. It's closed face too, and I find it's ideal for slap shots with the closed face keeping the puck down quite naturally. It also has a square toe too which is good for containing hard arounds. I fire knee-high slappers with good crank and spin pretty consistently with the 100 flex, I'm near 200lbs.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what brand has good heel curve hockey sticks that really make a difference for slap shots and also where to find them.
I currently have really liked the CCM ribcor 40k, and prior to that went with the Easton stealth getzlaf/lidstrom type curves. They are becoming harder and harder to find and I would appreciate anyones input. I want a decent flex and currently slapshot high 60s to low 80s with momentum. But want more consistency. (Using a radar gun for baseballs, not sure if that's accurate)

PS I am also a righty, and about 150 pounds and 5'11.

Thanks guys!

All of Bauer's top end models are manufactured with both of those curves (P91A and P02). Only CCM's top end and one-below Tacks family models have the P15 heel curve (round toe). Sherwood's T120, T100 and T90 models are available in those curves (PP20 and PP05). Warrior's Dynasty HD1 and HD1 Pro are available in the W05 pattern.

It will be very difficult to find these curves in retail, let along in your hand/flex etc. Best bet are the big box online stores with lots of inventory. You might also find pro stock models with those curves or something close.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I used to the love the P91A curve (Staal)! I found it a great curve to all varieties of shots and passes as well. Now that I a playing in situations where slapshots are few and far between, I have migrated my preference to the Bauer P92 (Backstrom?) curve. Big difference...I know! Being a RH shot though....I find the variety at retail is not very good.

Honestly though - technique is more important that the curve.

I'd love to get my hands on a radar gun one of these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad