Heatley/Kovalchuk vs. Crosby/Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Although Crosby and Ovechkin have the potential to be better than both Heatley and Kovalchuk individually, I still have to go with Heatly-Kovalchuk for the reason that they have already proven that they can play together.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
To create a winning team it'd be Crosby and Heatley, to create excitement then Kovalchuk and Crosby.

Liquidrage*

Rand said:
Kovalchuk/Heatley... this particular comparison is more difficult then most would be though due to Kovalchuk's purely one-dimensional nature and Heatley's off-ice issues.

In the end the fact that their proven elite players in the NHL is simply far too large of an advantage to overcome.

That about sums it up completely from every angle as far as I'm concerned.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
The problem is that Heatley, Kovalchuk and Ovechkin are real great players.

But who knows how Crosby is going to play against seniors?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
eh, ovechkin still hasn't played in the NHL though. yes he's played well against men and NHL players and that's definatly a big plus in projecting his development, but the NHL is still a different beast especially when it comes to skaters

stocktrader

wilka91 said:
The problem is that Heatley, Kovalchuk and Ovechkin are real great players.

But who knows how Crosby is going to play against seniors?
I would be utterly shocked if any GM in the league wouldn't give up the right for Ovechkin for the #1 pick this year.

Can I give you absolute proof of this. No. It is however still the truth.

I hope this fact alleviates any concerns you have over Crosby.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
what? Ovechkin led team Russia in scoring at the Worlds. Crosby didn't even lead Canada at the junior champ.

ANyway, **** Crosby! I'm sick and tired of hearing all sorts of ******** about this ****ing Pejorative Slur. WHen he'll score a goal in the NHL or in any other senior league, I'll pay attention, but so far, I don't ****ing care about this *** allright?

Oh and I forgot : you're a *** too.

stocktrader

wilka91 said:
what? Ovechkin led team Russia in scoring at the Worlds. Crosby didn't even lead Canada at the junior champ.

ANyway, **** Crosby! I'm sick and tired of hearing all sorts of ******** about this ****ing Pejorative Slur. WHen he'll score a goal in the NHL or in any other senior league, I'll pay attention, but so far, I don't ****ing care about this *** allright?

Oh and I forgot : you're a *** too.
Having another bad day? Or are your emotions once again getting the best of you. Don't worry things will eventually pick up. :biglaugh:

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
RandomCanuckFan said:
Heatley/Kovalchuk for me, but that is a tough question...just have to go with the more proven guys.

Kovalchuk/Crosby if I could pick any two of them.

if Atlanta gets Crosby, a Kovalchuk - Crosby - Heatley line would be quite fun to watch.

Hikes! The Bertuzzi-Morrison-Naslund seems to be a Pee-Wee line when you compare!!!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
stocktrader said:
I would be utterly shocked if any GM in the league wouldn't give up the right for Ovechkin for the #1 pick this year.

Can I give you absolute proof of this. No. It is however still the truth.

I hope this fact alleviates any concerns you have over Crosby.

:biglaugh: :razz:

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Levitate said:
eh, ovechkin still hasn't played in the NHL though. yes he's played well against men and NHL players and that's definatly a big plus in projecting his development, but the NHL is still a different beast especially when it comes to skaters
yeah, he just played against NHL's best players....

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Berkut said:
yeah, he just played against NHL's best players....

Playing against the best NHL players and doing good does't mean he'll be one of the best players in the NHL, keep in mind that the NHL game is different then the International or the European game, so while Ovechkin did well, don't think that it's a sure bet that he'll do well in the NHL.

I remember 2 years ago (I think) Naslund was top 5 in the NHL, but when it came to team Sweden he was't even the top 5 on his own team, not that I'm saying he sucked in the International games, but the NHL is a different league then the Euro leagues and Ovechkin has to learn playing under the smaller rink against some of the most physical players out there, meaning he has to be quick with his decisions on the ice, just because the player is full of talent it does't mean he'll be able to succeed in the NHL.

Now I like Ovechkin, but his potential does't mean much to me, and until he can live up to his hype in the NHL then we can start putting him on the same level with guys like Kovalchuk and Heatley, but in the meantime Ovechkin is nowhere near, so let's wait before we say he'll be the best out of the 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad