Heatley/Kovalchuk vs. Crosby/Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
iamcaper said:
Who would you pick for your top duo?
My god, that is a difficult question.

But I'd go with the proven commodities. You already got 2 of the top 10 players in the game with Atlanta's duo.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Another question: if you could pick any two of these players, who would it be?

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I'd also have to go with the 2 proven guys so my vote goes to Heater/ Kovalchuk. They both already average about a point a game. I'm not 100% convinced that Ovechkin will ever be better than Kovalchuk and I'll wait until Crosby starts to outscore Heatley before I make that comparison also.

Techbert

Jun 9, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Great Question

Proven vs Unproven.

I don't think you would go wrong either way.

Despite being a Thrasher fan, I might pick Cros/Ove simply because Crosby is a center and he can make more people around him better than a wing usually can.

On the other hand, Kovy and Heater both have great size, which should make them more durable over the long haul.

Just to be difficult, I'd rather have Lehtonen/Crosby than any of the above combinations. A great goalie that actually pans out has some value.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
duos

iamcaper said:
Be nice if we could actually pick which one we wanted and actually get them eh?

If I couldn't get them, I guess I could settle for Nash/Zherdev.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Heatley/Kovalchuk for me, but that is a tough question...just have to go with the more proven guys.

Kovalchuk/Crosby if I could pick any two of them.

if Atlanta gets Crosby, a Kovalchuk - Crosby - Heatley line would be quite fun to watch.

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Crosby and Ovechkin. Even though they are unproven i think they will both turn out better than Heatley and Kovalchuk. Do not underestimate Ovechkin, he seems to be overshadowed a lot by Crosby.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
#2eddieshore said:
Crosby and Ovechkin. Even though they are unproven i think they will both turn out better than Heatley and Kovalchuk. Do not underestimate Ovechkin, he seems to be overshadowed a lot by Crosby.

Do not underestimate the power of the force...Sorry, sorry...I mean, I agree ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
pre-incident heatley? cuz he was definatly headin up there to be one of the best in the game. even though i don't like him (nothing to do with the incident) he's an absolutely amazing player

i'd be more inclined to say ovechkin can be as good as heatley or kovulchuck but i'm not banking on him being better. crosby has the potential to be the best one out of them all but that requires him to live up to the billing he's getting.

based on pure potential i'd take crosby/ovechkin, because of crosby.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Kovalchuk ( most dangerous player in the show) and Heatley( up and comming star) over Crosby/ Ovechkin ( 2 prospects dominating in leagues other than the nhl).

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Once again, another vs, that i just don't understand or comprehend. ONe guy who hasn't stepped foot in the NHL yet and another who has yet to even be drafted. Secondly, i would take Heatley and Kovalchuk, as I am willing to bet that Crosby isn't half the hype in the NHL.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
This is a very good thread idea, interesting debate.

I would go with the Ovechkin/Crosby duo. I think Ovechkin is a lot closer to Kovalchuk already than people think. He has outplayed him on occasion (World Cup) and plays such a complete game. It's fairly evident to me that he'll be a more effective all around NHL player than Kovalchuk within a couple of years. And personally I think Crosby will be the very best of all mentioned in this thread.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
MHA said:
this is easy, Kovalchuk/Heatley and for sure

You surprised me here.

It's really close for me, but I'd probably go with Crosby-Ovechkin because of Heatley's injuries/off ice problems.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Kovalchuk / Ovechkin

Crosby would be lucky to reach Kovalchuk's level. And Ovechkin is already as good as Heatly and Kovalchuk, and he will be the best of these 4 players in the future. IMO

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
Kovalchuk/Heatley... this particular comparison is more difficult then most would be though due to Kovalchuk's purely one-dimensional nature and Heatley's off-ice issues.

In the end the fact that their proven elite players in the NHL is simply far too large of an advantage to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad