Heat, Condors heading outdoors

DaveTheHockeyFan*

Uh oh, showers expected to be moving in late Friday right around puck drop :cry:

DaveTheHockeyFan*

Yep, supposed to be heavy rain starting tomorrow night and going all the way till Christmas. I wonder if they will reschedule.

The rain is suppose to taper off Saturday morning with clearing skies the rest of the day. They will reschedule the game for Saturday night. The rain is set to return on Sunday.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
9000 fans in a minor league ballpark for outdoor hockey in crappy weather, not too bad for a non traditional setting. I don't like the Pacific teams playing less games, the AHL should never had allowed it to happen. Would have rather seen the whole league scale back playing 70 games (35 home and 35 away) for parity and fairness. Other then that the Caliafornia move is a huge success, look at attendance for these teams which are blowing away most of the eastern teams.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Because the game was rescheduled on Sat it was only about half full, it seemed like around 5,000, not sure how many tickets were actually sold. I barely made it myself because I had to work. It seemed like it was sold out on Friday when everybody was packed into the concourse because of the rain.

One thing that really sucked was the plexi-glass boards started to fog up around the end of the first period, it was really hard to see anything. They tried to squeegy them during the intermissions but it didn't help very much.

In the end I realized I don't like Stockton or Bakersfield and really only like the Barracuda, wished they would've been there instead of Bako.

Love the different minor league jerseys I saw people wearing, I saw Cleveland Barons, Connecticut Whale, Adirondack Flames and Phoenix Roadrunners among others. Also one of the Hanson brothers was there, the one that wears #17, he was cool, he was letting people take selfies with him.

All in all it was ok, but it could've been better, there's going to be some growing pains this first season, hopefully they will fix the schedule imbalance soon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad