Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1681497922834.png

Reactions: McDonald19

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The only former NHL head coach that is available I think I'd want is BB. I'd like to see PV look for someone that doesn't already have the stench of failure on them.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Brunette, Carbery, Leach and Warsofsky jump out at me. Someone surely gives Brunette another shot soon, won the president's trophy as a interim coach.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
No thanks on Bruce. He tried and failed here once, we dont need a repeat of RC2.

Bring in someone young and innovative that the prospects and younger guys will respond to. Added bonus if they bring a physical game back to ANA.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I would want a lot of clarity and transparency if we were to hire Brunette.

Warsofsky sounds very interesting. No clue how he turned that San Jose roster into a top 5 PK, but he's been successful everywhere.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I would want a lot of clarity and transparency if we were to hire Brunette.

Warsofsky sounds very interesting. No clue how he turned that San Jose roster into a top 5 PK, but he's been successful everywhere.

My thoughts exactly regarding the success of the Sharks PK, nothing about their roster would lead one to expect that.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I’m biased but Jay McKee from the bulldogs has done a fantastic job in Hamilton.

Defensively the system was far superior to the previous regime and
It put the bulldogs in a position to be buyers at the deadline. This season was a rebuilding year but the bulldogs still played hard and ended up being better than many experts thought and despite having injuries and being forced to play with 8 d-man, the team was still competitive with the heavily favoured Barrie Colts.

Not a ton of coaches go from OHL to NHL straight away but it’s happened and if not that then maybe he could coach the AHL team.

Reactions: cheesymc

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Brunette would be my choice but I have a feeling the Devils sort of have him pegged to take over for Lindy Ruff but if he doesn't feel like waiting I hope we at least give him a call.

Warsofsky would be my second pick

Not at all interested in someone like Babcock, washed up has been bully living off a reputation he built 20 years ago

Reactions: robbieboy3686

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Brunette, Carbery, Leach and Warsofsky jump out at me. Someone surely gives Brunette another shot soon, won the president's trophy as a interim coach.
How much does Brunette impact Devils game? I know he is AC, but with how Devils play, it reminds me a lot on Panthers.

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
no thanks on BB. he's not a guy you bring in to develop young talent

from that list, i really like brunette and warsofsky. another name that hasn't been mentioned who i like is kevin dineen. he did a great job down in SD before they brought in bouchard

Reactions: Trojans86

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
no thanks on BB. he's not a guy you bring in to develop young talent

from that list, i really like brunette and warsofsky. another name that hasn't been mentioned who i like is kevin dineen. he did a great job down in SD before they brought in bouchard

I've mentioned Dineen as a possibility and how he has connection with some of our current youths, Terry, Jones, Lundy, Z, and Drysdale. Drysdale won rookie of the month in the AHL under Dineen.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Sounds like you want Dallas Eakins, just sayin'.
Except Eakins wasnt really innovative, he was safe. This team of young guys doesnt need a RC type coming in cracking the whip, you still need someone that will be able to keep guys accountable while being able to have the respect of the room and a guy who gets the players and someone the players want to play for. Warsofsky would be a good example of that.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Except Eakins wasnt really innovative, he was safe. This team of young guys doesnt need a RC type coming in cracking the whip, you still need someone that will be able to keep guys accountable while being able to have the respect of the room and a guy who gets the players and someone the players want to play for. Warsofsky would be a good example of that.

Except Eakins did keep guys accountable, but always gave them a path of redemption. Rico got waived. Terry was benched. Comtois and Steel were demoted from the top-6. Rico and Terry turned up gold. Steel wasn't kept. Comtois failed. With Verbeek, we've seen Z, McTavish, Comtois, and Leason all be benched throughout the season. Comtois was called out publicly. And yet, none of them quit playing for Eakins.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Except Eakins did keep guys accountable, but always gave them a path of redemption. Rico got waived. Terry was benched. Comtois and Steel were demoted from the top-6. Rico and Terry turned up gold. Steel wasn't kept. Comtois failed. With Verbeek, we've seen Z, McTavish, Comtois, and Leason all be benched throughout the season. Comtois was called out publicly. And yet, none of them quit playing for Eakins.

Very true. I was more making the point that you dont need a ball buster like RC or Tortz, accountability comes in different ways and younger guys may respond to one better than another.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad