Jacques Martin Pit Ast
Rikard Grönborg See

Others... Please post

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I won't give a name this time. I just want a guy the players will actually respect. Haven't had that in 3 of the last 4, and maybe possibly Nolan too.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
krueger, Q, keefe, and boudreau (assuming he gets fired) are all coaches i would be optimistic about for different reasons

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
what i'd REALLY like to see is krueger as president of hockey ops with a guy like keefe as the head coach. krueger's run a premier team league for a number of years and would probably do wonders from an organizational perspective, and keefe is ready for the jump IMO

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Absolutely NOT. No Chance , No chance at all I want any part of Boudreau. The guy has a Legacy Of faliure in the post season and is 1-8 in game 7s why would this team want any part of that

While Boudreau is not my first choice, your stance on BB seems a bit much. Perhaps we could reassess when we are banking 100-point seasons but losing in Game 7's. Call me crazy, but as a fan of an organization that will miss the playoffs for the 8th straight season, and hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in nearly as long, I'll happily take someone who's only a "good regular season coach" at this point. Walking before running and all that.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
A veteran coach is needed at this time. Maybe an up and comer like Keefe as coach in waiting as an associate coach.

Start with a veteran head coach, in no order of preference, Joel Quenneville, Michel Therrien, Alain Vigneault, Todd McLellan, Darryl Sutter, Randy Carlyle... pick another...

Regardless, none will be successful without a better roster, which is on Botteril to upgrade...

Reactions: jputt99

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I don't care what anybody says, I would take Lindy Ruff over every guy in that poll save Quennville. I also don't care how hard some posters want to push for a guy who has coached zero NHL games, I want no part of that. Lindy knows how to match lines and use his defensemen. In my opinion, he would command the respect of the locker room quickly. He is the opposite of soft and he is 7th in all-time coaching wins for a reason. I highly, highly doubt it would happen and I know a lot of you don't want it to, but I think Ruff would be a great fit for this team at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
What the **** is the postseason?

I just want a coach that can succeed in the post season and unfortunately Boudreau has not and 1-8 in game 7s for his Career is Horrendous so why would we want a coach who yes is spectacular in the regular season but is absolutely Putrid and Anemic in the postseason :

We all want to win the Cup and make the playoffs but Boudreau for his career is terrible in the playoffs

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just want a coach that can succeed in the post season and unfortunately Boudreau has not and 1-8 in game 7s for his Career is Horrendous so why would we want a coach who yes is spectacular in the regular season but is absolutely Putrid and Anemic in the postseason :

We all want to win the Cup and make the playoffs but Boudreau for his career is terrible in the playoffs

If you want a proven better coach you have to get to the postseason first.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Who would you like to see take over the Sabres this offseason if Housley is let go ?

Chris Taylor (Rochester Americans)
Sheldon Keefe (Toronto Marlies)
Joel Quenneville
Ralph Krueger (Southampton FC)
Paul MacLean
Others... Please post

I'd be fine with any of these except for Taylor. Have always wanted Krueger since he was fired from EDM. But just get someone competent please, I'm not picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->