Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ceci has definitely struggled but Walker is pointless and a minus in the playoffs, while also being worse every other year of their career. Thats worth a 1st round pick?

Dumba is precisely the kind of dman we don’t need. He’s a much, much worse version of Nurse.

Edmundson is a bottom pairing dman. Asking him to play top 4, especially at this point in his career, is a horrible idea
His analytics are good and he’s flying out there by my eye. Getting good shots off and getting very active with the Avs offence. He also didn’t technically cost a 1st. It was a 1st minus the cap dump of Johanssen. So probably closer to the value of a 2nd and 4th? Which is what I had his value pegged at through most of the year.

Dumba’s pretty dumb on the ice and there’s lots of chaos in his game. I just wonder if that could be coached out of his game. But it’s a risk nonetheless.

Yeh I thought that about Edmundson too and didn’t consider him. But watching him in the playoffs and watching him on the Leaf’s, he was downright good. He may be a player that ups his game in the playoffs. Keep in mind he went to the finals with Montreal and won a Cup with St. Louis. This is a player that has proven his worth in the playoffs. And he was acquired at a dirt cheap cap hit and acquisition cost. We actually could have kept Ceci and had Edmundson as an emergency 7D option too.’

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Cant beleive that I forgot to mention this...I counted at least 10 minutes in what should be obvious penalties against the Oilers that werent called.
The McDavid high stick on Hughes...the Kane slewfoot, the Ryan stick to the jewels on Hogeland...that hit from beinnd by Nurse on Petersson.
These are all blatent, obvious penalties that were not called.

I have posted before that the NHL's standard for penalties changing in the playoffs is Bush League and we had a clear example of that yesterday.
As an Oilers fan I am glad those werent called but just think for a minute (for example) if that high stick by McDavid was reveresed and it was McDavid getting high sticked. Or McLeod getting speared in the jewels or Hymen getting hit from behind.
We would lose our shit on here and rightfully so.

Playoff refereeing is an absolute joke.
Are you a canucks fan? This is a one sided nonsense post, now do all the missed calls on the oilers...who only have had 3 PPS all series, nucks 6...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If mcdrai ekholm Hyman Bouchard could get some support we would be blowing teams away

Half this team have been passengers again this post season and esp this round so far
Production wise, yes. We need to see more depth scoring and they aren’t getting the job done. But with our PK humming and those lines playing mostly evens at 5v5. They are atleast helping us defensively and not hurting us.

Reactions: Zerotonine

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Cant beleive that I forgot to mention this...I counted at least 10 minutes in what should be obvious penalties against the Oilers that werent called.
The McDavid high stick on Hughes...the Kane slewfoot, the Ryan stick to the jewels on Hogeland...that hit from beinnd by Nurse on Petersson.

I have posted before that the NHL's standard for penalties changing in the playoffs is Bush League and we had a clear example of that yesterday.
As an Oilers fan I am glad those werent called but just think for a minute (for example) if that high stick by McDavid was reveresed and it was McDavid getting high sticked. Or McLeod getting speared in the jewels or Hymen getting hit from behind.

Did you copy the first part from the canucks subforum?

Nurse hit EP in the shoulder and he turned and crunched down into the boards, and Kane didnt slewfoot Hughes.

They ignored a highstick at the end of the first that hit Hyman, they ignored 3 trips before decided to call RNH for one.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ryan was penalized for his chop on Hoglander, it wasn't a missed call.

Keep in mind Hyman was high sticked, the Canucks got away with too many men directly before Zadorov's goal, Janmark was boarded, McDavid was tripped into the boards at high speed after scoring.

Playoff reffing always sucks. It sucked both ways last night. If the Canucks want the refs to call everything I'm fine with that. Something makes me think they don't want to go up against our PP 10 times a game though.
Show the the stats that show that Ryan got a major penalty.
I havent seen it.

It sucked both ways last night but it heavily favored the Oilers. The reverese of Wednesday night.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

It was shit both ways.
Missed high stick on Hyman before the 1st period ending, missed boarding on Janmark by Myers, missed interference on McDavid right before Ekholm's goal, missed trip after breakaway goal from McDavid, missed too many men on Vancouver 7 seconds before Zadorov's goal, Miller getting nothing for taking extra shots at Draisaitl (and Draisaitl gets penalized for it despite standing there chilling during the scrum), and Silov interfering with Hyman behind the net.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Show the the stats that show that Ryan got a penalty.
I havent seen it.

It sucked both ways last night but it heavily favored the Oilers. The reverese of Wednesday night.
Utter nonsense...

The nuge penalty was not a penalty
Hyman high stick missed
Janmark was boarded
Drai got a penalty for being punched in a scrum
Missed two many men on their third goal.
Hyman held behind their net by their goalie
97 was tackled and hit without the puck numerous times..The reffing was bad across the board the nucks have had double the PPs....

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I havent seen it.

You mean his slashing penalty?

What do you mean show the stats, this stuff takes 2 seconds to look up.\

This has to be satire

Reactions: McAsuno

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The reffing was horrible. But I really am I’m wondering if the refs put the whistles away for the Nucks cause of all their diving.

The Hughes highstick is inexcusable. The nut check by Ryan is a penalty too. I’m not 100% sure if Nurse deserves a penalty on EP though. It wasn’t a hit in the numbers, it was from the side and there wasn’t a charge. Optically it looked much worse than the hit Nurse laid. Like if Nurse does that exact same hit against Joshua the results are probably completely different and we don’t see Joshua flying into the boards like that.

The Kane slew foot was more of a slew hip if that makes any sense.
I think that we agree that the reffing was horrible.
If I was watching hockey for the first time I would think that the reffing isnt far off from the WWE.
It hurts this sport.

You mean his slashing penalty?

What do you mean show the stats, this stuff takes 2 seconds to look up.\

This has to be satire
No need to be an A-hole.
I looked it up and couldnt find it.
Found the minor penalty...my bad.
Should have been a major which is what I was looking for.

Reactions: MoontoScott

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
In 6+ periods of hockey, the Canucks have apparently committed a grand total of four infractions, one of which was too many men and another was puck over glass. The Oilers have had 5:28 of powerplay time IN TOTAL thus far. Anybody saying the refs were in favor of the Oilers last night is incredibly out to lunch.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I havent seen it.

Look at the game log? I don't know what you were watching lol.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think that we agree that the reffing was horrible.
If I was watching hockey for the first time I would think that the reffing isnt far off from the WWE.
It hurts this sport.

No need to be an A-hole.
I looked it up and couldnt find it.
Show your work.
Why did you have to look it up? Did you not watch the game?

Reactions: Section337

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
His analytics are good and he’s flying out there by my eye. Getting good shots off and getting very active with the Avs offence. He also didn’t technically cost a 1st. It was a 1st minus the cap dump of Johanssen. So probably closer to the value of a 2nd and 4th? Which is what I had his value pegged at through most of the year.

Dumba’s pretty dumb on the ice and there’s lots of chaos in his game. I just wonder if that could be coached out of his game. But it’s a risk nonetheless.

Yeh I thought that about Edmundson too and didn’t consider him. But watching him in the playoffs and watching him on the Leaf’s, he was downright good. He may be a player that ups his game in the playoffs. Keep in mind he went to the finals with Montreal and won a Cup with St. Louis. This is a player that has proven his worth in the playoffs. And he was acquired at a dirt cheap cap hit and acquisition cost. We actually could have kept Ceci and had Edmundson as an emergency 7D option too.’

I’m not saying Walker is bad. But I think the fact our fanbase has debated all year if he’s even an upgrade shows it would be a marginal one. I’m also not sure how much of a cap dump Johansen is. Like, he’s obviously struggled, but it’s only one more year, and he’s only 2 injury riddled years removed from a 60+ point season. Philly could have been gambling on him getting healthy and getting a decent return for him at the deadline next year, a la Montreal with Monahan.

If he came dirt cheap in free agency, maybe. But the playoffs aren’t the time to be trying to coach bad habits out of a player.

He’s the wrong hand, and when he won the cup with St Louis, he did it playing 16 minutes a night. If we didn’t have Kulak, I’d have been fine picking him up for the 3rd pairing. But second pairing on his off hand?

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Idiot Canuck fans putting so much pressure to call more penalties 😂 tocchet started off saying he doesn't want this series decided by penalties and now he's put the refs under the scope.

Please, by all means, call everything. Let's each get 5 pps a night. Oil in 5.
Hopefully they realize he's playing them now and it backfires

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Ryan got a penalty for that. Zadorov goal too many men?
Kane trip in the 1st.
Gloving the puck.
Nonstop cluch grab hold on Mcdavid.

Reactions: McAsuno

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ryan got a penalty for that. Zadorov goal too many men?
Kane trip in the 1st.
Gloving the puck.
Nonstop cluch grab hold on Mcdavid.
I guess when you only focus on the missed calls one way, it looks like we were favored.

Trying to be objective like Debrusk and you end up over compensating.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Well sounded like Holland offered the first but Calgary traded him to Dallas for a second. Based on the way Calgary/Vancouver are jealous of us, I wouldn’t expect either team to trade with us.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the only recent trade with either was the Neal - Lucic swap, which happened right before the Oilers started making the playoffs every season…

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The officiating in this league is shit in general, brother.
I posted last night that Hughes getting high sticked should've resulted in a penalty, but it didn't. Ekholm got the same shit last year against VGK without a call either. Is it infuriating to watch as a fan who's not trying to be bias? Absolutely. But no way in hell did the refs favor us last night. Nucks getting only 2 shots in the 3rd while the Oilers pressed hard was the prime catalyst for the Oilers winning the game. Just like how the nucks came back to win, since the Oilers stopped playing in game1 after having a lead. If anything, the nucks looked gassed in OT from the Oilers pressing hard offensively.
We compeltely agree...the reffing is shit.
i would just suggest that its shit for both teams which really was my point.

Thats all I was trying to point out before the shit storm came down on me for daring to question some of the calls.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We compeltely agree...the reffing is shit.
i would just suggest that its shit for both teams which really was my point.

Thats all I was trying to point out before the shit storm came down on me for daring to question some of the calls.
You sure it had nothing to do with your post "It sucked both ways last night but it heavily favored the Oilers. The reverese of Wednesday night."

Your point was that it heavily favored the Oilers.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m not saying Walker is bad. But I think the fact our fanbase has debated all year if he’s even an upgrade shows it would be a marginal one. I’m also not sure how much of a cap dump Johansen is. Like, he’s obviously struggled, but it’s only one more year, and he’s only 2 injury riddled years removed from a 60+ point season. Philly could have been gambling on him getting healthy and getting a decent return for him at the deadline next year, a la Montreal with Monahan.

If he came dirt cheap in free agency, maybe. But the playoffs aren’t the time to be trying to coach bad habits out of a player.

He’s the wrong hand, and when he won the cup with St Louis, he did it playing 16 minutes a night. If we didn’t have Kulak, I’d have been fine picking him up for the 3rd pairing. But second pairing on his off hand?
Hey I’ll take our fanbases opinions about our team any day. But about some random d-man out of Philly they didn’t watch? Yeh I’ll defer to analytics, scouting reports, and my own attempt to scout him. And now the Avs pro scouting dept belief in him. Fair point on Johannsenn though, and maybe the Flyers are trying to up his value. But regardless he’s viewed value wise as a Cap dump to some degree that would reduced the acquisition cost from a 1st to less than that.

Fair point on Dumba. I agree there’s risk there. I do think if he got the stupidity out of his game he has way more ability than Ceci though. But that’s not a bet you’d make for the layoffs.

Yeh Edmundson is left side your right. While better than Ceci he wouldn’t have been the right fit. And yeh i would never consider taking Kulak out, not with how he plays in the playoffs.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I keep asking and nobody that brings it up has an answer… who? Walker/Dumba/etc aren’t upgrades. The only legit top 4 right shot dman who was available was Tanev, and Calgary took a substantially worse package than we offered in order to spite us. So who were we supposed to be getting? It was just an unfortunate year where there weren’t viable options.

If only… even just a healthy Klefa means adding a guy who at 23 was already seen as a top 20 dman in the league.
Ceci is one of the worst defenders in the league. Literally anyone available is an upgrade.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I havent seen it.

I wouldn't say it heavily favored either team. Hyman was straight on crosschecked in the small of his back which is an automatic penalty. Seconds later he was high sticked. Neither were called. There were alot more too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad