Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So....that Nurse-Ceci pair continues to plague this team

Wanna count how many controlled zone exits they generated? Want to count how many clean pas plays they made thru the neutral zone ending in zone entries?

Yesterday Ekholm once again anticipated a cycle, cut it off clean and made a play for a clean zone exit

Yesterday I was shocked to see Nurse anticipated a cycle, cut it off early but then just swiped at the puck, half missing it which turned into a turnover/scramble

Yesterday how many times did Bouchard skate into a dump, slowed down, then used his body to absorb the forecheck and still make a nice play?

Darnell 9 MIILION DOLLAR MAN Nurse skated into a puck he had all day on to grab and go. What he did was slow play it to allow the checker to get close, then tried to CHIP it to Ceci as if that's not a dumb play in itself. He swiped and missed, and it was a turnover to a lone checker that kicked off a good chance for Van

Don't get me started on how many blind reverses they also had that ended in turnovers

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
If we relay on the PP we will be screwed. Refs will put their whistles away
Naw, ice was tilted in the whole third and OT, without Skinner’s ineptness this series is most likely 2-0 Edm. The Neanderthal’s goal from near the boards way over in the corner is one of the worst goals I’ve seen in the playoffs. Skinner needs to be replaced. Our PP is lethal yes, but even 5 on 5 those guys clown the Cucks.

Reactions: jdawg

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
To be fair, their depth shows up, ours doesn't. It's just that stacking the nuclear option of McDrai+Hyman and throwing the Bouch+Ek pairing out with them, they don't have answers at all.

Really all we needed was Skinner to be average but alas, here we are
There are a number of guys in our supporting cast that are at the end of the road and it shows.

No matter what happens in these playoffs the Oilers will have to inject more speed and youth into the lineup next season.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Naw, ice was tilted in the whole third and OT, without Skinner’s ineptness this series is most likely 2-0 Edm. The Neanderthal’s goal from near the boards way over in the corner is one of the worst goals I’ve seen in the playoffs. Skinner needs to be replaced. Our PP is lethal yes, but even 5 on 5 those guys clown the Cucks.
He scored the exact same goal on Saros (an elite goalie) last round. Just sayin

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He scored the exact same goal on Saros (an elite goalie) last round. Just sayin
It's a bad bad goal on a good shot. He seems to have gotten generally better at hockey in Vancouver, I hope they over pay him.

So....that Nurse-Ceci pair continues to plague this team

Wanna count how many controlled zone exits they generated? Want to count how many clean pas plays they made thru the neutral zone ending in zone entries?

Yesterday Ekholm once again anticipated a cycle, cut it off clean and made a play for a clean zone exit

Yesterday I was shocked to see Nurse anticipated a cycle, cut it off early but then just swiped at the puck, half missing it which turned into a turnover/scramble

Yesterday how many times did Bouchard skate into a dump, slowed down, then used his body to absorb the forecheck and still make a nice play?

Darnell 9 MIILION DOLLAR MAN Nurse skated into a puck he had all day on to grab and go. What he did was slow play it to allow the checker to get close, then tried to CHIP it to Ceci as if that's not a dumb play in itself. He swiped and missed, and it was a turnover to a lone checker that kicked off a good chance for Van

Don't get me started on how many blind reverses they also had that ended in turnovers
Cody Ceci is unplayably bad. He needs to come out of the line up. He's dragging everyone down. Nurse has been underwhelming, but Ceci is basically not an NHL defenseman right now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why is Gazdic there, thinking Silovs had a good game, he let in some muffins
Eh, the Drai, Ekholm and McDavid goals would have gone in on most goalies and the last one was just bad luck. He let in more muffins in Game 1 and he certainly gave up no Zadorov-like muffin in this game. Skinner has been handing out muffins in this series like they're going out of style.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It's a bad bad goal on a good shot. He seems to have gotten generally better at hockey in Vancouver, I hope they over pay him.

Cody Ceci is unplayably bad. He needs to come out of the line up. He's dragging everyone down. Nurse has been underwhelming, but Ceci is basically not an NHL defenseman right now.
Splittin hairs. I just can't see how anyone could claim Ceci is dragging Nurse down at this point. Ceci isn't forcing Nurse to rush board plays w/ swipes and misses. He's not forcing Nurse to chip him pucks vs easier passes. He's not forcing him to make no look reverses TOO hard that they goto the point 80% of the time. He's not forcing him to take way too long in his own zone, ignore Mcleod flying thru the middle only to wait to flip it at a covered winger(BTW, Ceci actually made that Mcleod pass once yesterday, Nurse never made 1)
Ceci isn't forcing Nurse to stand still at the blueline, get closed on only to have to shoot or dump it wide. Yesterday he got 3 cross ice passes that he had time but elected to not skate and just sit there and wait

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why is Gazdic there, thinking Silovs had a good game, he let in some muffins
He had a good game for a minor league goalie. Like he looks like an AHL goal playing as good as his ability can, he's just not that good.

Splittin hairs.
Absolutely f***ing not splitting hairs. Nurse has been underwhelming and needs to be better, but he's played like an NHL player who's making mistakes.

Cody Ceci is not playing like an NHL player, he's f***ing useless on the ice at all times. He played less than 15 minutes last night and was completely useless.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He had a good game for a minor league goalie. Like he looks like an AHL goal playing as good as his ability can, he's just not that good.

Absolutely f***ing not splitting hairs. Nurse has been underwhelming and needs to be better, but he's played like an NHL player who's making mistakes.

Cody Ceci is not playing like an NHL player, he's f***ing useless on the ice at all times. He played less than 15 minutes last night and was completely useless.
Don't know what to tell ya boss. Not sure how you didn't recognize that Nurse is the one that put Ceci in uncompromising positions atleast 4x yesterday. Not sure how you missed that Ceci made 3 nice passes to Nurse at the blueline and he just froze despite time. Not sure how you missed that Ceci actually sidestepped a player yesterday atleast once and got a shot on the net while Nurse didn't
Also, more goals these playoffs came off Ceci's stick/shots than Nurse

Ceci sucks, no doubt, but it's Nurse he puts him and other players in poor positions many a times

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Totally agree. We have all been seeing this the last 2 seasons. For whatever reason, the team refuses to upgrade him or take him out of the lineup

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Watching that Saros goal, he was horrible too. Should never go in. Neither guy was set for the shot.
According to Rob Brown, those shots normally go in.

Lundqvist on TNT talking about how he doesn't like how coaches just tell their goalies to drop to your knees, Stay on your feet.

Nurse/Ceci simply cannot be a pairing going forward. They’re bad, really bad.
You and I have been on the same page on this. This is the third straight year they are getting hammered

Reactions: Dieseloil

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Totally agree. We have all been seeing this the last 2 seasons. For whatever reason, the team refuses to upgrade him or take him out of the lineup
Well he dropped to under 15 mins last night, I would not be surprised to see him replaced next game. If that's all the time they're going to get, 14-16 mins, Broberg and Stetcher can give this team better NHL time in those minutes.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Alright, so my shift started as the game started today. Just finished watching (and about 7 beers later):

- Knew McDrai would decide the game.
- There wasn't one moment in the game that our other 3 lines were on the ice where I even considered a goal for us. It turned into a "just dont get scored against until McDrai get back on the ice" game. Nuge will continue to be given a free-pass to not be a threat offensively if McDavid is sitting on the bench but I digress.
- From the second period onwards there wasn't a shot against Skinner that I wasn't half expecting to go into the net. That's a problem.
- Also how many games do we give Skinner of sub-900 goaltending? Is game 3 the last? Would be a shame to sacrifice another year of playoffs from it.
- Ekholm is everything we wanted and paid Nurse to be. Thank god we have him.
- I was skeptical of Bouchard at the start of the year but I'm fully committed. He is him.
- Perry and Kane. Show up please.
- Thank god Demko is injured. I take solice in Canucks fans probably feeling just as screwed as we are in net. But they don't have McDavid or Draisaitl

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Well he dropped to under 15 mins last night, I would not be surprised to see him replaced next game. If that's all the time they're going to get, 14-16 mins, Broberg and Stetcher can give this team better NHL time in those minutes.
I agree on Stetcher giving them better mins. His underlying metrics are far better than Ceci's. Like world's different. That pair has been deployed as a third pair since March 1. Holland didnt try to upgrade, and Ceci still played over Stetcher. I hope you're right though

Paging the following:

Evander Kane
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Corey Perry

Please show up to Game 3.

Each can be a game/series difference maker. Would love to see some high event games from any/all of them.
I thought Hopkins played great- especially in the third. If he had some wingers who could score, that would be great. But he was all over the ice, back checked well, tried to create offence. I think Holloway needs a bump up

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I agree on Stetcher giving them better mins. His underlying metrics are far better than Ceci's. Like world's different. That pair has been deployed as a third pair since March 1. Holland didnt try to upgrade, and Ceci still played over Stetcher. I hope you're right though

I thought Hopkins played great- especially in the third. If he had some wingers who could score, that would be great. But he was all over the ice, back checked well, tried to create offence. I think Holloway needs a bump up
He tried to get Walker and Tanev

Reactions: fresh meat

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
According to Rob Brown, those shots normally go in.

Lundqvist on TNT talking about how he doesn't like how coaches just tell their goalies to drop to your knees, Stay on your feet.

You and I have been on the same page on this. This is the third straight year they are getting hammered
I don’t know how the coaching staff doesn’t see this. The best thing you could say is that they didn’t get eviscerated like they did in game one but they still got caved in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad