Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Might just be one game, but that 3rd period really felt like the Oilers finally cracked the Canucks defensive system. I remember a similar feeling in the Calgary series (not their defensive system, just a shift where it felt like the Oilers could take over the series), and thats what tonight felt like despite their goalie prolonging that to overtime.

Feels like we should be riding the momentum back home, and feels like McDrai are about to take over this series. If they can get a little run support and some more stability from Skinner I like their chances.

Wonder if the Canucks run out of steam trying to play 100% balls to the wall every game. They sure seemed to fade in this one.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Defiantly need some depth scoring to step up.

Attachments

• 534.png
    534.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 1

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Might just be one game, but that 3rd period really felt like the Oilers finally cracked the Canucks defensive system. I remember a similar feeling in the Calgary series (not their defensive system, just a shift where it felt like the Oilers could take over the series), and thats what tonight felt like despite their goalie prolonging that to overtime.

Feels like we should be riding the momentum back home, and feels like McDrai are about to take over this series. If they can get a little run support and some more stability from Skinner I like their chances.

Wonder if the Canucks run out of steam trying to play 100% balls to the wall every game. They sure seemed to fade in this one.
Agreed with that assessment of the Flames series turning. And we could be seeing it here soon too. Once McDrai know they can expose this or that defenceman, they will.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yeh you can tell this f***er has been around the league for along time. He balances the ref whining with acting a bit aloof and not too whiny about it. Just subtely pointing it out as a matter of fact.

This arrogant piece of shit is such a scumbag loser. And quite honestly a vaunted as f*** coach. Until this lovely PDO run with the Cucks, he did sweet f*** all. Yeah it's the Yotes but if he's so good he could have gotten more out of them

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well I got the standard Troll Stomper warning. But wouldn’t be surprised if wetfartcoast reported me. I don’t mind him when he’s clowning on the Leaf’s though, I will admit lol.

meh.....just the game day thread at the final buzzer but...there was one guy (had PDO in his avatar) who just does not shut up.....and he was so obviously being protected.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
I’d say Skinner let in 2-3 bad goals over these two games. And in the playoffs we need better. That said, he’s due for a big game knowing his up and down nature. And he’ll be going home to a bunch of Stuuuuuus.

Gambling on a goalie who might play well if people chant his name is not a gamble that wins you Stanley Cups. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we need to look at our other options in net.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This arrogant piece of shit is such a scumbag loser. And quite honestly a vaunted as f*** coach. Until this lovely PDO run with the Cucks, he did sweet f*** all. Yeah it's the Yotes but if he's so good he could have gotten more out of them
Hated him since when I saw him try to correct Gretzky on hockey takes. Like just stfu and stay in your lane.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
meh.....just the game day thread at the final buzzer but...there was one guy (had PDO in his avatar) who just does not shut up.....and he was so obviously being protected.
There’s a flames fan that’s apparently allowed to call the Oilers fanbase and players wife beaters over and over and over. Like that is as clear a violation of every rule this site has. I have no doubts the nucks fans are being protected on the mains and Oilers fans are getting censored to protect them.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Yeh you can tell this f***er has been around the league for along time. He balances the ref whining with acting a bit aloof and not too whiny about it. Just subtely pointing it out as a matter of fact.

He is a con man ;)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Gambling on a goalie who might play well if people chant his name is not a gamble that wins you Stanley Cups. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we need to look at our other options in net.
We’ve seen goalie gambles work in many recent cup winners. I mean we didn’t draft a goalie in the first round and develop him into a 6M cap hit. Maybe that would have been better, but it’s no guarantee to anything, jus like Stu isn’t. Every playoffs we see “elite” goalies that you can “rely on” get caved too.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I see there is a Kane slew foot thread on the mains. I can’t make threads and I apologize cause I lost my likes and you guys deserve likes.

But can someone make a Zadorov Dive thread? That shit needs to be called out if Nucks are going to cry about an alleged slew foot.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The numbers match the eye test honestly. Ekholm and Bouchard are moving the puck up ice. Desharnais and Kulak are probably floating around breaking even. The puck gets chipped behind Nurse and Ceci and it's a full blown fire drill every single time, they have no answers.
The issue is short of bringing in a new guy, which they refuse to do at this stage, how can it be fixed?

VD Nurse maybe? VD needs to be with someone that can breakout because he absolutely cannot. His entire job is clear the net front, break the cycle, short pass to his partner. Nurse can't make a pass either so maybe you staple them together and tell nurse to just go and skate while VD hand back? Idk. I think Kulak Ceci would be even worse since neither is very good defending a cycle. They'd probably never get the puck back, but at least Kulak can make a one line pass.

The best bet is probably keep 2 good pairs, leave the toxic waste on one pair and shelter them while praying nurse remembers how to do the work of two defenseman. VD Kulak works, so I'd be loathe to break that up, especially when you could easily just have two broken down pairs as a result.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I’m tempted to insert Gags next game to possibly get some semblance of a second line. But for tonight we celebrate a well deserved win. McDrai was next level tonight and Vancouver had no answer.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad