hcanes @ Lumbus in about 20 minutes

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Checkers just lost 6-1. I don't follow them much, except on Twitter updates, but they seem to lose a lot

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Yeah, they suck. It's going to suck even worse when they move back to the Bojangles Coliseum.

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with that. Having seen games in both, the Bo Box (can we please make this its nickname?) is a much better venue for hockey than TWC is. Put in some reno work inside, which I believe is slated to happen, and it should be fine. Yeah, it's not downtown - that part sucks a little, but parking and getting to a game should be easier, fans should have lower concession costs (at least I hope so..the one game I went to at TWC I felt like concession costs were higher than what we have at PNC), and a better in-game experience.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
Well the Toronto Tank a lots are never passing us again...I think we're pretty much locked in at 5 or 6

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I would hereby like to announce my retirement from creating gdts. The old saying goes that it's best to go out on top. At 1-0, I can think of no better time to call it a career. There are so many people that I want to thank, but I know I wouldn't remember all of your names. You know who you are, and just how much you have meant to me all these years. Thank you for your tireless love and support.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Meh, I can't really hate a game that has Faulk scoring. Plus, they didn't get shutout. So +1 for that.

The One Who Knocks

Jul 10, 2007
California
The tank is running out of steam

attachment.php

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not sure if it's his wife - I recall at the time of Julie's cancer diagnosis it was characterized as being very treatable and that she'd have a normal recovery. In this interview, Mike Kelly, Guelph's GM says it's for "family reasons" but that for now they're treating it as only a year's sabbatical. I don't know, it could be just burn out. Walker went pretty quickly from playing to coaching and he's been a coach in demand. On top of that his father died within the last year and Walker himself had a case of the mumps so it's possible he just needed some time off to focus on himself and his family before getting back into it.

I hope that's the case and not bad news...

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Not sure if it's his wife - I recall at the time of Julie's cancer diagnosis it was characterized as being very treatable and that she'd have a normal recovery. In this interview, Mike Kelly, Guelph's GM says it's for "family reasons" but that for now they're treating it as only a year's sabbatical. I don't know, it could be just burn out. Walker went pretty quickly from playing to coaching and he's been a coach in demand. On top of that his father died within the last year and Walker himself had a case of the mumps so it's possible he just needed some time off to focus on himself and his family before getting back into it.

I hope that's the case and not bad news...

Here's an article that has more of Walker's reasoning:

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/5255946-walker-steps-down-as-coach-of-guelph-storm/

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad