HC-IR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread [Part Four]

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Well Meszaros missing at least half the year clears up my potential cap issues.

C'mon Blum and Despres, time for bust out years.

I'm still open to moving a depth forward for a dman.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Well, we have a couple trades on the table we like and would move forward with. 1 for Pietrangelo, 1 for Weber... But my cap situation needs to be fixed before I pull the trigger on either.

Willing to dump Gionta/Bouchard for scraps.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Can we end the "draft" stage so we can get some trades going? I know there is one pending completion on fantrax right now for me.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
To hell with it! Stars and Canucks have a trade to announce.

This has been brewing for a long time now. Im aware my team lacked top forwards, and with Weber, Pietrangelo, Visnovsky, OEL, Garrison and Zidlicky it was time to move one.

Jason Spezza
Brendan Smith

:stars
Alex Pietrangelo
Mark McNeill

We feel like Spezza's big season will carry over this year, with another year of development by the youth that surrounds him. Spezza strengthens an offense filled to the brim with multi-cat guys but not many big producers. Grabbing a young D in Smith is huge too as we expect him to put up 80+ PIMs this year along with some points.

Moving Pietrangelo over any of the D on my roster was probably the toughest choice, but the fact of the matter is Weber is undervalued since Suter's departure, Visnovsky is coming off an off year, and OEL hasn't quite broke through yet. Pietrangelo's age and sky-high ceiling meant he was the one that had to go if I wanted to get back a respectable return that would help my offense.

I'm hoping OEL is ready to fill in, and have a Yandle-lite offensive campaign, filling the shoes of Pietrangelo on my D. Brendan Smith and Jeff Petry will battle for starts, and I think both bring something to the table.

This puts me right at the brim for salary, but consider Gionta and his 5M dropped and we're only about 600k over opening night salary cap.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
:stars confirm this deal, bringing in one of the NHL's top young d-men.

With Pronger nearing the end of the road, I needed an adequate replacement, and Pietrangelo more than fits the bill. A 22-year old #1 d-man on a stacked Blues team. Very happy to add him to the roster.

Also pleased to welcome a promising young center prospect in Mark McNeill. Not expecting much from him this upcoming season but he may surprise, who knows.

Spezza and Smith are both fine pieces and it took me a while to pull the trigger here, but I think in the end this is the right move for my team going forward. I have enough firepower up front to make up for Spezza's departure, and, who knows, if Spezza goes gangbusters this year, maybe Latendresse rides his coattails and I pick up some extra points here and there. :laugh:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
To hell with it! Stars and Canucks have a trade to announce.

This has been brewing for a long time now. Im aware my team lacked top forwards, and with Weber, Pietrangelo, Visnovsky, OEL, Garrison and Zidlicky it was time to move one.

Jason Spezza
Brendan Smith

:stars
Alex Pietrangelo
Mark McNeill

We feel like Spezza's big season will carry over this year, with another year of development by the youth that surrounds him. Spezza strengthens an offense filled to the brim with multi-cat guys but not many big producers. Grabbing a young D in Smith is huge too as we expect him to put up 80+ PIMs this year along with some points.

Moving Pietrangelo over any of the D on my roster was probably the toughest choice, but the fact of the matter is Weber is undervalued since Suter's departure, Visnovsky is coming off an off year, and OEL hasn't quite broke through yet. Pietrangelo's age and sky-high ceiling meant he was the one that had to go if I wanted to get back a respectable return that would help my offense.

I'm hoping OEL is ready to fill in, and have a Yandle-lite offensive campaign, filling the shoes of Pietrangelo on my D. Brendan Smith and Jeff Petry will battle for starts, and I think both bring something to the table.

This puts me right at the brim for salary, but consider Gionta and his 5M dropped and we're only about 600k over opening night salary cap.

Vetoed. Didn't get a PM.

:sarcasm:

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Aye. I have one. It's fallen to the wayside.

PS3- attracting dust after I beat Uncharted, the odd game of NBA2K12
XBOX - NHL 12
Wii- Super Mario RPG.

Don't judge me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad