TV: HBO's Ballers starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Okay, they clearly skipped a season so why not even mention Ricky getting a ring when that's what his whole arc last season built to? Just weird writing.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Yeah that's weird. I guess it's to show how Ricky didn't even remember his career year but that was really poorly executed.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Watched my last episode as I cut off hbo after GOT. My predictions for the rest of the season is Mr. Seifert will make Charles the head coach. Mr. Anderson will almost lose everything going all in with Spencer but unlike Spencer failing before when he was young, he will turn it into a success saving their investment.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
My prediction is this show gets canceled very soon.

Terribly boring season from what i've seen (5 episodes)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Glad to see I haven't missed much.

Racking the episodes up for a rainy day(hopefully not due to Irma lol)

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Watched my last episode as I cut off hbo after GOT. My predictions for the rest of the season is Mr. Seifert will make Charles the head coach. Mr. Anderson will almost lose everything going all in with Spencer but unlike Spencer failing before when he was young, he will turn it into a success saving their investment.

This season has been outright awful and its due to bad and nonsensical writing.

The whole Ricky Concussion angle is stupid. The whole thing is like they skipped ahead two years and screw everything that's happened.

I doubt Charles becomes head coach. Here's my predictions

Charles gets hired as the commissioner of the NFL. He screws Spencer over to show his wife that he's a man.

Ricky ends up as the head coach in Miami and doesn't remember how he got a job.

Mr Anderson ends up broke and eating garbage from cans, he swears revenge on Spencer.

Spencer gets sued by everyone that he borrowed money from, but at the start of next season they totally ignore that and its been resolved.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't plan more than one more season. The Rock has so much more he could be doing.

I stopped watching the season, but it seems like it hasn't gotten any better. Real shame because Dwayne Johnson's acting was fantastic last season with the material they gave him to work with. Really showed off his potential acting range.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I think moving from Miami to the west coast hurt this show more than one would have thought. I'm sure with good writing they could have made it work out better, but seems not.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah, it wasn't too bad, we're setting up a major conflict on this real estate deal that my guess isn't going to happen, or Spencer is going to get swindled on and Anderson is going to lose everything.

Ricky is in big trouble and he knows it now.

Charles will end up as the worst GM in the NFL.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I really enjoyed the episode this past Sunday :dunno:

As did I.

Yeah, it wasn't too bad, we're setting up a major conflict on this real estate deal that my guess isn't going to happen, or Spencer is going to get swindled on and Anderson is going to lose everything.

Ricky is in big trouble and he knows it now.

Charles will end up as the worst GM in the NFL.

I don't even have to watch the rest of the season now.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
It was definitely the best episode of the season, if for nothing else than Ricky going off on Spencer and actually getting some character development.

In real life Charles gets the job interview for simply being black as teams are required to make an attempt at diversity hires. "Hey, you signed this one guy, you're totally qualified!" lol what? I also laughed at him not immediately going to spending 100% of his time prepping. Being a GM is a huge job and if you want to run someone's franchise you need to come in with a legit, wide-scope, multi-year plan. It would be interesting if they went that way, with him getting offended/depressed when it's obvious they have no intention of hiring him, but in the show I could see him saying some nice things we never see him prepare for and actually getting the job. Also he was being really ****ing petty with his wife about the Rickie phonecall. She's a ****ing doctor. She made it clear she can't talk about it. Stop acting like a giant baby.

Also it was real obvious the opening was going to be a dream because LOL at Charles keeping up with the Rock on a run.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
It was definitely the best episode of the season, if for nothing else than Ricky going off on Spencer and actually getting some character development.

In real life Charles gets the job interview for simply being black as teams are required to make an attempt at diversity hires. "Hey, you signed this one guy, you're totally qualified!" lol what? I also laughed at him not immediately going to spending 100% of his time prepping. Being a GM is a huge job and if you want to run someone's franchise you need to come in with a legit, wide-scope, multi-year plan. It would be interesting if they went that way, with him getting offended/depressed when it's obvious they have no intention of hiring him, but in the show I could see him saying some nice things we never see him prepare for and actually getting the job. Also he was being really ****ing petty with his wife about the Rickie phonecall. She's a ****ing doctor. She made it clear she can't talk about it. Stop acting like a giant baby.

Also it was real obvious the opening was going to be a dream because LOL at Charles keeping up with the Rock on a run.

It would almost be funny if Charles doesn't get the job, and gets fired for being disloyal and ends up as the GM of the Toronto Argonauts.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga

Seriously...this. What the **** is up with the man's legs? He legitimately has inverted knees - how is it possible that he was supposedly a professional athlete at one point (ie. when the show first began!)

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Also he was being really ****ing petty with his wife about the Rickie phonecall. She's a ****ing doctor. She made it clear she can't talk about it. Stop acting like a giant baby.
That exchange was odd. She called it "her business" and used that as pretext for confidentiality, as if there isn't a thing called patient confidentiality or HIPAA or anything.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Seriously...this. What the **** is up with the man's legs? He legitimately has inverted knees - how is it possible that he was supposedly a professional athlete at one point (ie. when the show first began!)

I remember reading an interview with Omar Miller and they told him that he had to put on 30 pounds of fat at the start of the show to look like that former pro athlete that stopped working out and sat on the couch and went fat.

That couldn't have been good for his knees.

I don't know if you guys remember the twins in the replacements but they had the same knee problems they could barely walk so it was hard seeing them as guards.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I remember reading an interview with Omar Miller and they told him that he had to put on 30 pounds of fat at the start of the show to look like that former pro athlete that stopped working out and sat on the couch and went fat.

That couldn't have been good for his knees.

I don't know if you guys remember the twins in the replacements but they had the same knee problems they could barely walk so it was hard seeing them as guards.

I'm not going to say he's a liar, but that was 2 seasons ago, including a season where he played a full NFL season, and now he's bigger than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad