HBO Winter Classic

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Hey guys,

Just thought you might enjoy it if you haven't seen it yet. They cover the two Detroit-Florida games and makes a funny comment regarding our crowd.. and no its not that there is none, its that we're hostile! haha

Enjoy it!

Last edited:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I loved the part with Weiss watching his highlights. Also the part with Phaneuf after getting the suspension: "HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL!?" *walks away wearing hot pants*

And I've never seen Salt Life so empty before.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Weiss also said that he never got an offer (from FLA) when talking about coming to Detroit.

While it may sound like such a cliché, looking back at it now, I'm glad that Tallon didn't.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
are they ****ing kidding me? they cut off the bjugstad goal so they wouldnt make datsyuk look like the piece of trash he is

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
are they ****ing kidding me? they cut off the bjugstad goal so they wouldnt make datsyuk look like the piece of trash he is

Well, it wouldn't fit with the script. Especially after Babcock just got through saying Datsyuk is the best two-way player in the world. We're 2-0 in the HBO 24/7 so far and we play the Leafs this week. Hopefully we can keep the streak going.

Last edited:

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
I hope they continue playing as well as they have been playing lately. I know I'd be excited as hell if I knew I'd be on 24/7. Hopefully the boys will claim another victory in Toronto!

Jan 19, 2006

Holy hyperbole, batman!

He's probably not 100% at this point, and even in his current state you would jump at the chance to add him to this roster.

As stated above, it's "reality" TV.

If it doesn't fit the script, it gets cut.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Man, Dave Poulin looked like he was in a war with Edward Sissorhands. HD 1080p can be a scary thing sometimes. :laugh:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Not sure if that was an sarcastic insult towards us or they were honestly trying to pass that environment off as "hostile".

I don't think it was sarcastic just part of the "show". They are marketing the sport to non nhl viewers on HBO don't think those viewers know too much about crowd reputations

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Holy hyperbole, batman!

He's probably not 100% at this point, and even in his current state you would jump at the chance to add him to this roster.

i thought thats how to write about players on hfboards when they got outplayed once like that? :help: :sarcasm:

datsyuk tipping the stat counters in every arena $50 so he get a few extra takeaways :sarcasm:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Holy hyperbole, batman!

I guess my rats I threw on the ice didn't fit either :D

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Let's hope they'll include us winning against the Leafs in the next episode. Detroit is getting stomped by Anaheim atm too, will be a fun episode I think.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Just watched it. Love Weiss watching the jumbotron. He is such a classy guy. Great to see us being hostile lolol. Love these 24/7 HBO documentaries. Can't wait to watch next week against Toronto!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad