OT: HBO 24/7 Discussion

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Came across a couple of them, thought they were worth sharing, pretty excited for this to start.

Wonder how much Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be around in terms of this now, certainly was hoping to see a lot of Datsyuk's humor, but if he isn't right especially with a concussion that probably won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This is awesome. This should have been last year dammit! LAST YEAR.

Oh well, at least now we get a couple of kids to watch!

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Love how the last one was 4/5 Wings players (minus Reimer). But it crossed my mind, 24/7 is pretty much trying to get American hockey fans to watch hockey and whatnot right other than die hard fans trying to get a glimpse inside the locker room. Do you think it will focus more on the Red Wings as an American team or would it be equal coverage.

I know that Burke wasn't a fan of showing what happens inside a locker room and maybe the Leafs are limiting the filming (who knows), but Nonis is basically Burke 2.0 so would that just add to more Detroit coverage (not that I'm complaining)... Just a thought, maybe I'm waaaay off the ball

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Love how the last one was 4/5 Wings players (minus Reimer). But it crossed my mind, 24/7 is pretty much trying to get American hockey fans to watch hockey and whatnot right other than die hard fans trying to get a glimpse inside the locker room. Do you think it will focus more on the Red Wings as an American team or would it be equal coverage.

I know that Burke wasn't a fan of showing what happens inside a locker room and maybe the Leafs are limiting the filming (who knows), but Nonis is basically Burke 2.0 so would that just add to more Detroit coverage (not that I'm complaining)... Just a thought, maybe I'm waaaay off the ball
Well it will be broadcasted on Rogers sportsnet in Canada if im not mistaken, that's a pretty big network so focus will be on the leafs too

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Well it will be broadcasted on Rogers sportsnet in Canada if im not mistaken, that's a pretty big network so focus will be on the leafs too

Meant an uneven split in air time for Wings vs Leafs

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I doubt it, but I think they will spend a lot more time showing just what kind of market Toronto is to play in. Maybe not as much behind the scenes, the talk radio, the papers, the pressures of what it means to be the Maple Leafs is going to be touched on a lot, especially with them on a big losing streak when they started filming.

By the way the Wings have a notoriously brutal locker room on the press. They give out cliche comments and basically have a you're approved by the team kind of relationship with much of the press. This basically extends back to Yzerman, who really froze out certain elements of the media after what he felt was unfair treatment during the failures and success that was being glossed over in his first decade and change in Detroit.

They are not an easy team to deal with either, very closed off. When Lidstrom did his 36 (or was it 48) hours segment with NBCSports the guys avoided him like the plague. HBO has their work cut out for them, Datsyuk coming back would be huge and Howard is probably going to be a big focal point because he is quite comfortable with the media. But we have kind of a tough team for them. I think knowing how both the Leafs and Wings operate even with the mandate from the league to be extremely cooperative that HBO probably came into this with more story driven agendas. Something about the cities, highlighting the history of the clubs, discussions on the Olympic year, things that eat a little more time would be my guess.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I also think they will focus more on the northamerican players (more interviews, airtime etc etc), as we saw in the promos, hardly any euro's were shown, probably because northamericans can easier relate to other northamericans compared to Euros

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I also think they will focus more on the northamerican players (more interviews, airtime etc etc), as we saw in the promos, hardly any euro's were shown, probably because northamericans can easier relate to other northamericans compared to Euros

Well you have the Olympics and in this matchup you have some potential guys playing. Now Howard might have played his way off the team, but I really do think he entered the year as one of the three goalies for USA Hockey, Kessel will be a big story as well, a top 3 skater in terms of Team USA, he is also unintentional comedy goal so I expect to see a lot of him. Plus you have a fringe contender in JVR, DeKeyser's injury hurt him as he was kind of working his way into that discussion, plus he doesn't have the history with Team USA so that part is just too hard for him to overcome. But you do have Americans that they can hype the Olympics with for their audience.

They show the European stars quite a bit on the past 24/7 programs. A part of that is they have to be willing guys in terms of that so we shall see who is up for it in terms of these teams.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 47 s
Expectation an announcement to come that Steve Yzerman will play for Red Wings in Outdoor Alumni Game vs Leafs Alumni # TSN #ComericaPark

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The games this week will be featured in the first episode right? *grabs popcorn*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad