Hayesenberg (24-13-25)

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hayes is a great young center and both Bergs are very tenacious, smart players.

After the failed RW experiment, Hayes has come back to play some excellent 3C and is on pace for almost 60 points. Let him develop.

Oscar Lindberg is already a stud 3rd liner, and Stalberg is rejuvinating his career playing for another cup-contending team.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I always thought is was stupid to try Hayes at RW.

And while I did not get to watch Lindberg as much as I would have liked to when he was in the AHL, considering who our centers were, I thought if he was going to make any impact here at the NHL level it would be as the defensive player on a lines wing. Never expected him to be this solid in the offensive zone in addition to being a very responsible defensive player.

Stalberg has surprised me. He's not putting up the points that Hayes and Oscar are, but he's been pretty good this season.

love this line together.

Hopefully Miller finds his nichs with Kreider and Stepan and they need to start being more of a presence out there.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i agree...i think the only reason i was interested in putting Hayes at wing was to have him play at a higher line and get more minutes...hes definitely better at center....

faceoffs are such an unbelievably stupid reason to move someone from center...ive heard the SNY guys talk about that endlessly on their podcasts and it makes me want to punch them in their faces....

its clear people who have never played hockey at any level would make that kind of an argument...even in frikkin beer league hockey i have guys who are better suited at center play center....even if they suck at faceoffs...

theres a way around this...its called... *gasp* switching, and theres an even better option....cheating.

Have hayes cheat on every faceoff...if he gets tossed, put in Lindberg.

or, put in Lindberg if you dont want to try the cheating. thats it.

nothing more to it.

the faceoff argument just drives me nuts.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's a really really good third line.

IMO the Rangers need to keep Hayes at center. He's good enough where you put him with a couple decent players he's going to put up some nice numbers and we're going to have 3 scoring lines and that's a lot for other teams to defend. One thing it means is that the Rangers are going to be able to mismatch and exploit against other teams third pairings.

Having someone with Hayes skills, size and strength playing center and creating offense is a big deal. Oscar Lindberg is going to be a really good player.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i agree...i think the only reason i was interested in putting Hayes at wing was to have him play at a higher line and get more minutes...hes definitely better at center....

faceoffs are such an unbelievably stupid reason to move someone from center...ive heard the SNY guys talk about that endlessly on their podcasts and it makes me want to punch them in their faces....

its clear people who have never played hockey at any level would make that kind of an argument...even in frikkin beer league hockey i have guys who are better suited at center play center....even if they suck at faceoffs...

theres a way around this...its called... *gasp* switching, and theres an even better option....cheating.

nothing more to it.

Hayes was something like 2 out of 11 on face-offs last night. One of the two though was all it took to score a goal. He wins it to Yandle--who slides it across to Boyle who immediately passes it up to Stalberg who tips it over to Lindberg who deflects it to the wide open Hayes who dekes Allen off his feet and slides the puck in the net. Looked easy as pie.

The Blues won more face-offs than the Rangers but the Rangers scored two set play goals off of face-offs--the first was by Brassard so we won the face-off war as far as I'm concerned.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's a really really good third line.

IMO the Rangers need to keep Hayes at center. He's good enough where you put him with a couple decent players he's going to put up some nice numbers and we're going to have 3 scoring lines and that's a lot for other teams to defend. One thing it means is that the Rangers are going to be able to mismatch and exploit against other teams third pairings.

Having someone with Hayes skills, size and strength playing center and creating offense is a big deal. Oscar Lindberg is going to be a really good player.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

nothing more to it.

I never really understood why more coaches don't just use switching at even strength. I remember AV doing it occasionally in the playoffs with Miller taking offensive zone faceoffs when everyone else was getting crushed and than shifting back to wing but I agree with you, just have the best faceoff man take the draw and than let them switch when appropriate.

Stalberg is looking like a great pickup. Big and fast with a hard shot. Softens the blow from losing Hagelin and Etem not really doing too much yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan are on our 3rd best line right now. Top 5 forward group in the league, maybe the best.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan are on our 3rd best line right now. Top 5 forward group in the league, maybe the best.

Yeah the Rangers offense, especially with the recent resurgence of McDonagh recently, is lethal. Basically every skater in the top 9 is a strong two-way forward (though Lindberg may be playing over his head, we'll see), and the 4th line can have Jesper Fasth and JTM who still has 2nd line potential.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Purple Hayes is on pace for 55 points over 82 games. He'll probably be closer to a 1C than 3C in his prime.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I loved when everyone was like "Hayes should be playing 2RW" during the offseason and then he sucked at 2RW and only me and a decent amount of others were like "He needs to play 3C" and he is playing very good now at 3C.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I've been telling people to refer to them as Hayesburgers.
MV5BOTc1MzczNTk1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA2MjgyMjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad