Player Discussion: Haydn Fleury

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Has all the physical traits you'd want in a defensman he just doesn't have it between the ears. If he can get the brain to match up with the skills he could be a good player. Also needs to use his size more. Should be a good signing though cause I that price you can't go wrong, he's NHL quality just not great quality yet.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This one feels like good news. We're better than most teams with reclamation projects.

Reactions: DaBolts

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Saw a lot of Bolts fans mentioning him since he wasn't qualified on Twitter. Great signing, low cost, low risk.

Reactions: DaBolts

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Thoughts on Fleury? I think he was alright actually. With Serg missing and CDH crapping the bed he kinda held his own on the left side beyond Hedman.

I also think we kinda missed him in the playoffs (same for Raddysh).

Reactions: Peacefool

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
If Lilleberg needs another year in the AHL, sign him. I think it's better than taking risks with another vet like De Haan.

Reactions: aylib

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He should get League minimum on a one-year deal or JBB should tell him bye . So based on the JBB extension trends he will probably get a raise worth at a few million more than he is worth to motivate him to play better.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Honestly i'd resign him for 1-3 years. We still need cost controlled minutes and he actually did fairly well despite my constant complaining about him. Losing him was a much bigger hole than I expected.

Reactions: Peacefool

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
He looked solid when he wasn’t injured. Good skater, fairly big and decently physical, can skate the puck out and doesn’t make terrible decisions.
I’d definitely resign him if available for around 1 mil.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He looked solid when he wasn’t injured. Good skater, fairly big and decently physical, can skate the puck out and doesn’t make terrible decisions.
I’d definitely resign him if available for around 1 mil.
Yeah theres nothing about his game that blows you away but he seems to kinda get things done?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Two year extension at 2.655 million incoming

Yeah theres nothing about his game that blows you away but he seems to kinda get things done?
He is an ideal 6/7 defenseman near league minimum. Not great, not terrible, barely noticeable, doesn't hurt you , doesn't really help you, but has some size.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

The speed/size/positioning taken as a combo does kinda blow me away, you can see the specimen that made him a top draft pick.

Everyone loves Lilleberg, but before him this is the guy I was really hoping would turn the corner and be our bottom pair LHD. He did kinda and then got injured, tough break

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad