Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Preds - Dec 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
An interesting decision, starting Darling tonight after Crawford stoned Preds on Tuesday. I think most folks would have expected CC to go again tonight. There's probably more than one reason for this decision in Q's mind. Such as:

1/ it is Q's way of testing Darling. There will be some added pressure on Scotty, to see how he performs after CC's success against the same team.

2/ CC has played a lot of hockey and is due for one of his letdown games. That extra day off will be good for him .. and allow him to re-focus on another team after his best outing of the season.

3/ Defensively, the Hawks played lousy for most of Tuesday. Hopefully they'll be better with Darling in there. They'll have to be or Darling could get shelled tonight.

4/ Perhaps in the depths of Q's mind he doesn't expect a win tonight. Preds got burned on Tuesday and they will be more desperate to get points on home ice tonight (to stop their slide in the standings). Q saves Crawford for the game he expects to win, tomorrow vs Jets.

Just my 2 cents on the Q psychology. It could be way off.

Almost forgot this one: Darling stoned Preds last year in the PO's and turned the series around. A repeat of this type of performance may be necessary.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
WPG usually gives us more of a problem. Not too shocked by the decision. Hopefully Scotty has a good game.

I think you are underestimating how badly Hawks were outplayed on Tuesday. ... but yes, neither game will be easy, though it would be nice to have a laugher. The schedule gets pretty intense leading into Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad