GDT: Hawks vs Habs at 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH - Kramping Up During the Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ignoring the fact that he actually didn’t play that poorly this game, he had a good game last game. It’s not worth changing after a shit game by a lot of people. He’s PPG in AHL for two seasons, at 19 and 20. His feet and skill is a skill set for the line.
Yes and he’s getting chance after chance. Which was my original point.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Whataboutism regarding Tyler Johnson doesn’t really change the Lukas Reichel discussion.

I’m not being “contrarian”. HFHawks gets caught in groupthink a lot. Back in the day it was anti-Duncan Keith. At one point it was pro-Brandon Pirri. Before this season started it was anti-Alex Vlasic.
It's not whataboutism if you make a point that Reichel is the most babied player on the team and I make a counterpoint.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Would you agree he’s top two?
He got scratched, and played with 4th liners and very little PP time. I don’t think that’s getting babied. I think LuRich babies TJ and Raddysh more.

Of the players that HFHawks babies I would say that Korchinski tops that list, I’m sure other people would say Reichel, maybe Luke Richardson.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Yes and he’s getting chance after chance. Which was my original point.
There is logic in giving chances to a player with the potential to be a part of the future core of the team. But Reichel is also one of the few guys on the team who has had his play impact his standing in the lineup, so not sure what you're even getting at

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He got scratched, and played with 4th liners and very little PP time. I don’t think that’s getting babied. I think LuRich babies TJ and Raddysh more.

Of the players that HFHawks babies I would say that Korchinski tops that list, I’m sure other people would say Reichel, maybe Luke Richardson.
He got scratched one time. He's been guaranteed a roster spot all season since before training camp because he produced .927 PPG in the AHL last season. He IS a 4th liner based on his play. He has had 1:58 ATOI of Powerplay time per season.

I doubt Reichel would play right now on any team besides Chicago and San Jose.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
RE; Putrid PP of Hawks
A while back I said that any competent coach could fix it if they players were to listen. I must amend those comments because too many on this team are too stupid to learn a system.

Last night I watched the game with one eye while wrapping gifts and a particular play just blew my mind. 2 period, last 3rd of a PP opportunity, Hawks never setup in the zone up to this point. Finally a decent entry down right wing boards, drop pass to Donato about at the top of the circle near boards.

Nobody directly on Donato, so what does he do? He gives a return pass down to the bottom of the circle where 2 guys are covering the Hawk player? Obviously, 2 seconds later it's back down behind our net!

Help me out here, been playing, coaching etc. since 1969, how do you fix that kind of stupid?

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
RE; Putrid PP of Hawks
A while back I said that any competent coach could fix it if they players were to listen. I must amend those comments because too many on this team are too stupid to learn a system.

Last night I watched the game with one eye while wrapping gifts and a particular play just blew my mind. 2 period, last 3rd of a PP opportunity, Hawks never setup in the zone up to this point. Finally a decent entry down right wing boards, drop pass to Donato about at the top of the circle near boards.

Nobody directly on Donato, so what does he do? He gives a return pass down to the bottom of the circle where 2 guys are covering the Hawk player? Obviously, 2 seconds later it's back down behind our net!

Help me out here, been playing, coaching etc. since 1969, how do you fix that kind of stupid?
Don't know where to start on this one. Your correct we don't set up/ we lose too many faceoffs/ we need some off wingers with quick release like Stamkos Dcat. We get too fancy with the cross ice back passes at the blue line. Would've been nice to See Bedard and Kane play together. The team needs to keep working on the PP and figure it out.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019

no one is babied more than bedard everyone can see that

Let me know when TyJo has a horrible game and gets healthy scratched.
never happen he is to good of a veteran player

• Haha
Reactions: Idionym and Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad