Lineup:
Reichel Bedard Donato
Kurashev TJohnson Raddysh
Foligno Dickinson Blackwell
Beau Entwistle Other Johnson

Phillips Murphy
Kaiser Crevier
Roos Zaitsev

Note: Do not know the goalie yet, probably Soderblom considering back-to-back with Blues game on Saturday. KK and Tinordi could draw into the lineup, likely in place of Roos and Kaiser, but that'll be decided at morning skate.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The points would accumulate even quicker for the kid if the team didn't have a dog shit powerplay.

I saw a clip from a recent Arizona game and when the Yotes were on the powerplay they were snapping the puck around and moving around so fluently and all I could think was how nice it would be to see the Hawks be able to emulate something like that.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
The points would accumulate even quicker for the kid if the team didn't have a dog shit powerplay.

I saw a clip from a recent Arizona game and when the Yotes were on the powerplay they were snapping the puck around and moving around so fluently and all I could think was how nice it would be to see the Hawks be able to emulate something like that.
You need talent to do that kind of thing. Our time will come, it just isn't right now.

The Hawks PP isn't great in terms of system but I believe if you had better talent even running the subpar system, it'd produce. The problem is fumbled passes, shitty entries, and poor retrievals due to guys that mostly just aren't above average at those things.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
You need talent to do that kind of thing. Our time will come, it just isn't right now.

The Hawks PP isn't great in terms of system but I believe if you had better talent even running the subpar system, it'd produce. The problem is fumbled passes, shitty entries, and poor retrievals due to guys that mostly just aren't above average at those things.

True.

But even when the Hawks were loaded offensively, the powerplay was always lackluster.

On paper they should have had a powerplay that was top 5 league wide during the dominant years.

I know it's a whole new cast of players it's just been beyond frustrating watching them have a bad powerplay year in and year out.

That being said, the worse the powerplay is, the better chance they'll have at garnering a top 3 pick.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Mrazek gets tonight, Soderblom gets tomorrow. Roos and Kaiser are out, KK and Tinordi are back.

Reactions: ytsejam

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
To play Tinordi over Kaiser or Roos is just terrible
He was drafted and began his career by the Habs. It's a lockerroom move likely, or in crazytown he wants him to injure someone else like he did vs Dach.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The icehogs are in san Deigo. Sending a guy down it's a little much to say for an injury call up sitting 1 game when it's a back to back he might play game 2 or may be needed.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Gonna go out on a limb and say one of the Habs players will surely be looking for Tinordi. Other than Xhekaj though who is now in the minors, not sure they have anyone who wants that smoke.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Caspershev about to go back to his normal ghostly self.

In all seriousness it will be interesting to see him not stapled to Bedard and see how he does. Linemates be damned.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Gonna go out on a limb and say one of the Habs players will surely be looking for Tinordi. Other than Xhekaj though who is now in the minors, not sure they have anyone who wants that smoke.
Tinordi’ shot was clean as whistle. Maybe Dach should learn how to take contact, that was on him, which isn’t unlike how he played here.

Reactions: ClydeLee

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I would imagine Kaiser or the Rooster, or both if Vlasic is close, will be back in Rockford. Wonder if Big Lou is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad