GDT: Hawks vs Avs..Q vs. Roy..8pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah, not much gonna happen tonight. Poor Raanta, hopefully his next NHL action is more within his control.

I think the biggest problem is me putting off homework to watch the Hawks. Did it in the Nashville game too. Soo... time to do that I guess. Night guys

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Why was 19 so gassed he couldn't skate an up and back full out? Parenteau pulled away and the Captain stopped skating.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey, it's a learning experience. Hawks are used to being able to use their speed and skill to fix mistakes before they turn too costly, but against other fast teams that advantage can actually turn into a liability.

Have full confidence that we'll be able to bring a different game plan against these guys if/when it really matters should our usual style of play continue to not work against them. Still too early to say we have to blow up our usual style of play, though.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's not difficult, what would Minnesota do? Slow the **** out of the game from start to finish and play defense-first hockey.

No. The Hawks are cup champs. The Hawks are the better team. The Hawks dictate the way the game is played. That period is 3-0 hawks most nights.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Hey, it's a learning experience. Hawks are used to being able to use their speed and skill to fix mistakes before they turn too costly, but against other fast teams that advantage can actually turn into a liability.

Have full confidence that we'll be able to bring a different game plan against these guys if/when it really matters should our usual style of play continue to not work against them. Still too early to say we have to blow up our usual style of play, though.
Brilliant assessment. Must be that UI education.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
No. The Hawks are cup champs. The Hawks are the better team. The Hawks dictate the way the game is played. That period is 3-0 hawks most nights.

Oh, I agree. Bull**** period all the way, but either we start the game like that or close down the hatches all game long.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
In 48 games last year we were only ever blown out twice or completely out of a game early on. Twice by my count one to the Avs and one to the Oil. So far we've had two after 21 games. Nashville and now this clunker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad