Oh you want cap space?

Maybe don't acquire expensive bums.
qNVl0OM.png

PJl1nSF.png

Reactions: Mrfenn92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Wow, who could have ever guessed re-acquiring Shaw would be such a pointless, wasteful trade?

Everybody.

Literally everybody guessed that the moment it was announced.

The Chicago Blackhawks have the worst pro-scouting department in the NHL and it's not particularly close.

Reactions: Illinihockey

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Stan got jipped with this one too, knew very well Shaw had injury issues yet still gave up assets like an idiot. Who don’t foresee this coming, now stan has to dish something out to get rid of that contract, good job Stan my boy!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Stan got jipped with this one too, knew very well Shaw had injury issues yet still gave up assets like an idiot. Who don’t foresee this coming, now stan has to dish something out to get rid of that contract, good job Stan my boy!
It was a wash, well actually the Hawks did okay…
Shaw to Montreal for two 2nds…Hawks drafted DeBrincat and Krys
Hans then signed gave Shaw a raise from $2 million to $3.9 million
Shaw to Chicago with a 7th for a 2nd, 3rd and 7th…

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It was a wash, well actually the Hawks did okay…
Shaw to Montreal for two 2nds…Hawks drafted DeBrincat and Krys
Hans then signed gave Shaw a raise from $2 million to $3.9 million
Shaw to Chicago with a 7th for a 2nd, 3rd and 7th…

Shaw had very concerning concussion history when Stan traded for him, what does this have to do with what happened before hand? Let’s end these excuses, I am talking about getting him back, that was a stupid move by a stupid man.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Wow, who could have ever guessed re-acquiring Shaw would be such a pointless, wasteful trade?

Everybody.

The Chicago Blackhawks have the worst pro-scouting department in the NHL and it's not particularly close.
But he did that whole headbutt the puck in thing so that made him worthy of return.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Everybody.

Jim Benning says hello. Ken Holland as well.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

needle

Apr 30, 2012
I remember seeing Shaw was coming off his best pro season when we traded for him. 47 pts in 63 games, +17. I assumed the Habs were selling high on him, and boy were they ever.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I remember seeing Shaw was coming off his best pro season when we traded for him. 47 pts in 63 games, +17. I assumed the Habs were selling high on him, and boy were they ever.
But I remember it widely felt he was 1 concussion away from retirement.... but of course guys in the NHL not stopping wheb maybe they should, it took what, 3 more concussions until he finally decided to retire.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

its not fair to shaw to say he sucked during his time in chicago, he was hurt a lot and never really got the opportunity to play a consistent stretch of games, that falls on stan when making the deal to not properly assess that risk, if he stayed healthy the price they paid was more than fair given his aav and production, problem is he just never took care of his body

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
its not fair to shaw to say he sucked during his time in chicago, he was hurt a lot and never really got the opportunity to play a consistent stretch of games, that falls on stan when making the deal to not properly assess that risk, if he stayed healthy the price they paid was more than fair given his aav and production, problem is he just never took care of his body
Politely put.
No disrespect to Shaw. I love the guy but approaching 30 his body (especially his brain) had taken a beating. The writing was on the wall that his NHL days were numbered and Bergevin knew it. He saw Stan coming and fleeced him again.

As for the subject of this thread: how frustrating is it that Stan is constantly cap-strapped? Even when Hawks are in the doldrums they have no maneuvering room to make this team better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pertti

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Everybody.

A lot of the usual suspects were cheerleading that trade too. Of course this wasn’t going to work out

Reactions: BobbyJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad