Confirmed with Link: Hawks trade for Karlsson (G - Calgary)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today they have traded goaltender Henrik Karlsson to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a 7th round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

The 7th round pick was originally the Ottawa Senators, previously acquired by the Blackhawks.

Last edited:

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Too bad Stan didn't claim him. Or was this strictly a move because of Hutton and the circus act?

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
We now have a backup. Great move, Stan finally woke up.

Now we just have to address the Emery issue. Waiving him shouldn't be a problem, the game was nationally televised and was quite an embarrassment.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
#Blackhawks assigned just-acquired goaltender Henrik Karlsson to the AHL's Rockford IceHogs.

As I figured.

Hewy

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
What exactly makes this guy more capable than Emery? There's a reason this guy has played just 26 games in his career at 29 years old...it's called he sucks.

Yeah and Ray Emery doesn't suck? He's hardly the goalie he was in the past (for limited time). He's behind one of the better goalies in the last 10 years. He knows his role, is healthy, and will be serviceable in a limited capacity.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Probably has as much to do with Emery as it does with Hutton likely spending a few games in the press box.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah and Ray Emery doesn't suck? He's hardly the goalie he was in the past (for limited time). He's behind one of the better goalies in the last 10 years. He knows his role, is healthy, and will be serviceable in a limited capacity.

Didn't say he doesn't suck. But this guy clearly sucks as much and probably more.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Who cares if he's cheaper? They have cap space.

And there's a reason I've never seen him play...he's not an NHL goalie.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I thought for sure Chicago would claim one of Karlsson or Irving, both Calgary goalies that were put on waivers a few days ago, but obviously Chicago didn't. Hutton's suspension likely put pressure on them to bring in somebody better than Simpson/Richards. Either way, it's good for Hutton to have competition and now Chicago at least has some decent depth if one of Emery/Crawford were to get injured.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'd be willing to bet that Karlsson doesn't get called up this season unless there's an injury.

I think Rockford just needed another goalie. Did Hutton get suspended for his part in the bench brawl?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Unless waivers changed, if we claimed Karlsson and then waived him for Rockford Calgary could take him back for Abbotsford if nobody else put a claim in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad