Hawks to visit White House Monday (11/4)

Nothingman*

They better turn their cells off lest they get spied on while there ;)

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Just watched it with the sound off but guys looked like they had a good time.

Re: the Tim Thomas comment... not really a fan of using these events to make a political statement. Even if you don't like the current occupant, the White House is such a neat and historic place to visit I don't know how you pass this up.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
He can forget about the Cubs championship coming while he's still in office. Only possibility is 2016 really assuming Theo does his ****ing job.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Just watched it with the sound off but guys looked like they had a good time.

Re: the Tim Thomas comment... not really a fan of using these events to make a political statement. Even if you don't like the current occupant, the White House is such a neat and historic place to visit I don't know how you pass this up.

Well, I've been to DC 3 times and have met Obama more than 3 times.

I don't agree with his politics, so there would be no reason for me to go. It certainly would be a personal decision, and I think that should be respected in a nation that claims freedom as its trademark.

I'd like to leave it at that considering this is a hockey forum and not a politics forum.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
On a side note:

I was watching a "TSN top 10" on Youtube - I forget the title but it had to do with funny NHL moments.... Included moments were when presidents slaughtered captains names.... Like Bush said "who's the captain - Yizermn" and other goofy prez fails with NHL names...

I wonder if Obama called Toews "Toews" or "Taves" :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, I've been to DC 3 times and have met Obama more than 3 times.

I don't agree with his politics, so there would be no reason for me to go. It certainly would be a personal decision, and I think that should be respected in a nation that claims freedom as its trademark.

I'd like to leave it at that considering this is a hockey forum and not a politics forum.

Hey, whatever floats your boat, but the problem I have with players refusing to go is that they're refusing to go on a team trip. By not going, you're directing media attention away from your team on what should otherwise just be a feel good day for them.

Thomas, for instance, wasn't making a political statement, he was being selfish and making a team event slightly awkward by making himself the center of attention.

Look at Ditka, a guy who had repeatedly said that he regretted not running against Obama for the senate seat in 2004. Even he went with the 85 Bears when they finally went, because he put the team first.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Any guys from last years roster(who have since been traded or signed elsewhere)make the trip?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Just watched the video. I liked the Crawford speech reference but I wish we could have seen his face when it came up.

Also... I think this picture has everybody that went to the White House from the Blackhawks.

slide_324041_3086527_free.jpg

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Me too.
Last thing I'd ever want to do is be a photo-op prop for some politician.

Respect the Presidency and the team you play for. Everyone is all of a sudden better than 4 teams per year for the last 60-100 years worth of guys.

No respect for authority anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad