Confirmed with Link: Hawks to play in next year's winter classic - 24/7 Type Show on EPIX

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Didn't think about the 24/7 angle. That would be cool. But Washington/Chicago is such a random matchup to feature.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Been a rumor for a while, actually. Wouldn't be too shocked if it happened, even if...

Didn't think about the 24/7 angle. That would be cool. But Washington/Chicago is such a random matchup to feature.

... there's no real rivalry and the only reason would be to draw eyeballs.

member 151739

Washington/Chicago because of our epic season opener from this season.

Would love 24/7 with the Hawks.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I would love 24/7 with the Hawks as well.

I am still a little bit disappointed that the Bears are not going to be on Hard Knocks so 24/7 would give me my behind the scenes of a Chicago sports team fix.

TeddyFay*

Not sure I would want the 24/7 feature. I think the last few teams that have been involved with it have found it quite distracting

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm getting bored with the Winter Classic. We really do play in it far too much. These teams like Dallas/Minnesota/Colorado are begging for it and it's a huge deal to them... let them do it already. The Hawks are getting overexposed Pittsburgh style and people will 100% start hating us.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Ya, I will wait for someone with credibility to post it before I even discuss it.

This has about as much credibility as his Kane is unhappy rumours or Sharp is on the trade block rumours.

The Sharp rumor is probably true. Alot of people know that.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He is not talking about that rumor though.

Yea I think JJ had a "blind squirrel finding a nut" moment when he tossed out the Sharp thing. I believe Custance and some other national guys have floated Sharp's name in deals but have never outright said he's on the block.

I think Sharp is on the block for... reasons... and that's good enough for me but doesn't have to be good enough for you.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sharp has an A, is well respected in the room, and hasn't started regressing. He is going nowhere, and until someone credible says CHI has put him on the block, I will continue to believe that.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Sharp has an A, is well respected in the room, and hasn't started regressing. He is going nowhere, and until someone credible says CHI has put him on the block, I will continue to believe that.

2 of those 3 statements are definitely true.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm assuming you mean the regression one. He's a streaky player, let's not assume he fell down to scrub level immediately after his best regular season because he had a bad postseason.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm assuming you mean the regression one. He's a streaky player, let's not assume he fell down to scrub level immediately after his best regular season because he had a bad postseason.

Nah, he just had his best season ever. He's a late bloomer and certainly not regressing.

YKYW

Messier 2.0
Jun 9, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Was really hoping they would line the Hawks up for the Jets Winter Classic with tie in of Toews being from the city etc.

Really it was for selfish reasons so I would only have to drive 5 hours to see it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
JJ is probably 'right', but he's just piecing together the info everyone has, he has no inside info.

The Hawks will be in the WC this year in all likelihood, because

1) They're due to be the road team in one of these. Everyone who has hosted one plays in another on the road and all road teams get one at home. The exceptions are Buffalo, not a big enough market, were only in the first one as a test; Rangers, can only play at Citi Field due to the Pinstripe Bowl, which is really more Isles territory, so they let them play 2 at Yankee last year; and in all likelihood Toronto, at least until BMO is expanded, but they were more in it to sell out the Big House.

2) (and most importantly)
The Wild are getting a Stadium Series game and requested to play the Hawks. The league told them "No, we're sticking you with Dallas, deal with it." Clearly saving their biggest TV draw for NBC's crown jewel of the season, and not wasting them on what's more importantly a ticket revenue grab than a made for TV event.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Was really hoping they would line the Hawks up for the Jets Winter Classic with tie in of Toews being from the city etc.

Really it was for selfish reasons so I would only have to drive 5 hours to see it.

The Jets will never play in the Winter Classic. EVER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad