Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Jack Johnson

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With the mentorship of Jack Johnson, and the development of Luke Richardson, the league won't be ready for the new and improved Ian Mitchell

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
This got to mean that our excellent D prospect are either STILL not ready or are duds.

Johnson will not make D any faster and it doesn't matter who we trade out.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why does Vlasic need any time in Rockford...old enough to pkay AND by far tge best defensive dman we have compared to all our vet Dmen...He is actualky competent ...the onlyvreason not to pkay him in the top 4 is to Tank..

You want More of S.Jones and -37????

If thevpkam is not tovstop the opos from orange at will...sure
..leave hom in Rockford...cause Tanking cannot allow any competencevto show up.

The idea is to NOT protect Mrazek.. Play S Jones 28 minutes a game and guaranteed Mrazek willbe bombarded and pucks gonna go flying into our net.

You can pkay Mitchell cause that helisvtge tank..but Vlssic and Reguka ...do not dare pkay them...too co.pententvdefensuvely= can get tonloise pucks and actualky know how to clear...Can push guys off pucks and get it back.. can staple guys to the boardscto bustbup continuation plays...Nah...too much vk.peyence...do not darevlkay them as that would help Mrazek instead of putting gbjom under barrage...Cannot allow any help in a Tank.

But put out Toews or Kane...since neither hustles to check anyone,that will help the Tank.

Stillman is a stiff...He helips the Tank play him as much as you can.

C.Jones is ok as 3rd pair D with limited minutes...still hevis no great defensive difference-maker....so instead up his sheltered minutes and watch him join C Jones in the -37 clubas he struggles vs. More starry opps.

Tgevideaciscto play tge bums a lot...not to inject axtual competence...like any D who knows hoextovexecutexa clearprooerly...cannotcalliw that if you want to be right there in tge Bedard sweepstakes.

So I is not shoukdctge Hawks play the 22 yrv old yutes ...rather it is do you want to add or avoid an injection of basic competence and TRY?

If the gial is to Tank,you want the least competent playing.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
This got to mean that our excellent D prospect are either STILL not ready or are duds.

Johnson will not make D any faster and it doesn't matter who we trade out.

The Hawks are going to be irredeemably bad this year. No reason to keep any kids up unless they give you absolutely no other choice.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The Hawks are going to be irredeemably bad this year. No reason to keep any kids up unless they give you absolutely no other choice.
Were going to be worse next year. 24-25 is the year we might start moving forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I actually think this team is going to be more exciting and better overall than last year. Once we start trading off Toews, Kane, Mrazek and possibly Murphy the tank will be on. Our overall team will be better but our goaltending is going to keep us in bottom 10 prior to the deadline. Exactly what we want as tank commander Red Dog team..

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I actually think this team is going to be more exciting and better overall than last year. Once we start trading off Toews, Kane, Mrazek and possibly Murphy the tank will be on. Our overall team will be better but our goaltending is going to keep us in bottom 10 prior to the deadline. Exactly what we want as tank commander Red Dog team..
I think we will be a bottom 10 team before goaltending is even considered. Mrazek is beyond terrible, he should be given the tank commander C. Have you looked at the additions/subtractions on paper?

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yes, he’s a decent minor leaguer.
Seriously though if Mitchell and Regula don’t make the team out of camp they need to be gone. Rockford spots need to go to prospects.
Regula isn't making the team out of camp, and that's okay.

It's his turn to play top pairing in Rockford.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Mitchell will be on the roster.

Blackhawks D
McCabe-Jones
Johnson-Mitchell
Jones-Murphy
Stillman

IceHogs D
Phillips-Regula
Galvas-Roos
Vlasic-Crevier
Beaudin

They may as well give Mitchell a shot at it this year. Give him the first 20-25 games and see what he can do. If he can't handle it then Roos, Regula, Galvas and Vlasic can take his spot.

Thats a young but solid D core in Rockford. How are the forward lines looking down there? I know they signed a bunch of veteran AHLers up front.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Thats a young but solid D core in Rockford. How are the forward lines looking down there?
Seney-Philip-Sikura
Hardman-Slavin-Pour
Teply-Guttman-Mitchell
Gicewicz-Barratt-Busdecker

Probably looks something like that. We don't know if Luypen is going to Rockford or back to the WHL. Then there are guys like Robinson and Khaira who we don't know for sure where they're playing.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I interviewed JMFJ for Hockey's Future back in his draft year when he was at the USNTDP.
He really wanted to go #2 behind Sid - his buddy from Shattuck St Mary's.
I was sitting a row in front of Ken Holland and the Wings' brass at the 4-Nations tournament when I overheard Holland compare Johnson to a combination of Lidstrom and Konstantinov.
Funny thing about that tournament was that unheralded Niklas Hjalmarsson matched Johnson, hit for hit, pass for pass and rush for rush.
Never did show that same physical play in the NHL. Then again, while JMFJ had a nice career, he didn't really live up to expectations either.
I can't believe the Red Wings, with their love of Swedes, allowed Hjalmarsson to sneak past them 4 times in that draft.
Their loss was Chicago's gain.
Always thought JMFJ would come to Detroit. Look forward to seeing him in Chicago.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
On an unintended positive on this move: The youth will have a mentor who can teach them exactly what not to do when it comes to managing your personal finances and why you shouldn't entrust your money to a a couple of leeches.

But that being said a sub-1M deal for a vet guy who can keep some you guys getting better minutes in Rockford and won't adversely affect the tank, as well as being flippable at the TDL? I'm cool with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad