Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Filip Roos

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Disagree. Tinordi is god awful and JJ isn't far behind.

Caleb and Roos should be getting minutes over Tinordi and JJ.

JJ is getting top pairing minutes with Seth and that is f***ing unacceptable.
They have 6 D better than him.

While Caleb has had some bad turnovers it's only 3 games. We know what JJ and Tinordi are, and they're bad.
Aren't you the guy who posted, asking if Kane was dogging it, because you hadn't watched the games?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If you've been watching and don't think Caleb has been their worst dman, then I don't know what to tell you.
If you want to play JJ over Caleb in sheltered 3rd pairing minutes, I get it but in no way should JJ be getting top pairing minutes.

I think Tinordi has been the worst Dman and it's not close.

JJ is being overexposed in top pairing minutes.

I really like Roos so far and think he should be getting starts over all 3 D that we're talking about.

I see JJ and Caleb as interchangeable. I'd rather play Caleb because he's 25 years old and JJ is 35.
That's about it.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If you want to play JJ over Caleb in sheltered 3rd pairing minutes, I get it but in no way should JJ be getting top pairing minutes.

I think Tinordi has been the worst Dman and it's not close.

JJ is being overexposed in top pairing minutes.

I really like Roos so far and think he should be getting starts over all 3 D that we're talking about.

I see JJ and Caleb as interchangeable. I'd rather play Caleb because he's 25 years old and JJ is 35.
That's about it.
Caleb is not a prospect. He is what he is, and what his is, is worse than JJ. Tank or no tank, the coach's job is to ice his best lineup.

Roos may work his way up the lineup.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Put me down for another vote against Caleb. Reliability needs to be at the top of the list for a defenseman. He should try simplifying his game.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Caleb is not a prospect. He is what he is, and what his is, is worse than JJ. Tank or no tank, the coach's job is to ice his best lineup.

Roos may work his way up the lineup.
Fair enough.

I just don't see the point in playing 30+ year old guys like Tinordi and JJ over Caleb in a lost season.

Especially a player that is absolute garbage and brings nothing to the table like Tinordi.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Fair enough.

I just don't see the point in playing 30+ year old guys like Tinordi and JJ over Caleb in a lost season.

Especially a player that is absolute garbage and brings nothing to the table like Tinordi.
Not liking Tinordi is fine but do you really not see why he's in the lineup?

Are these possession metric or player card driven thoughts?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not liking Tinordi is fine but do you really not see why he's in the lineup?

Are these possession metric or player card driven thoughts?
Partially, but no I really don't see why he's in the lineup or in the NHL at all. The claim was unnecessary. There were other D on waivers I'd have rather had a look at. Shit, I'd rather have a look at some of the kids in Rockford. Tinordi brings nothing to the table other than a huge body.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Partially, but no I really don't see why he's in the lineup or in the NHL at all. The claim was unnecessary. There were other D on waivers I'd have rather had a look at. Shit, I'd rather have a look at some of the kids in Rockford. Tinordi brings nothing to the table other than a huge body.
He's big, he's physical and he plays within himself. He doesn't make unforced errors and if you're still bouncing around the NHL at his age playing his game I'd bet he's good in the room.

Coaches across leagues at many different levels prefer depth guys that aren't an adventure.

He's Luke Richardson twenty years later. Of course LuRich likes him.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Caleb has been the weakest Hawk d by far to start the season. Too many give-aways and head scratching plays in his game.

I have to admit I’ve been somewhat impressed with Roos, JJ and Tinordi… so far. I didn’t expect much so that helps my impression of them. I could see Caleb falling in the depth chart if this continues.

If JJ keeps playing the way he is, he could fetch a pick at the TDL, which I never thought was possible.

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad