Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Erik Gustafsson

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Stan's gone unless they make the playoffs this year...he understands that they can't afford to get out of the gates poorly with only 1 offensive D man....playoffs in this division could come down to the final game of the season...

Reactions: BobbyJet

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Stan is clueless, why anyone still has any belief in this guy is beyond my scope of understanding, his leash must be miles long, not sure how he has got Rocky and his die hards hypnotized to see him as anything but garbage at this point.
3 STANLEY CUPS could be the reason?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Stan's gone unless they make the playoffs this year...he understands that they can't afford to get out of the gates poorly with only 1 offensive D man....playoffs in this division could come down to the final game of the season...
Yep. This is another desperation move from the floundering GM trying to save his job.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Nope Gus and Jones 6&7th dman
What about Galvas ? The thought was that Galvas would be joining the club for the road trip; merely being a paper transaction w.r.t being sent down. Gus may just ride the pine entirely and merely be an emergency filler; like somebody mentioned about getting Hawks closer to cap to maximaize Shaw LTIR.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
GUS is only a career -4 D man...I would have thought that would have been significantly lower.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
one of my least favorite hawks to watch. ever. but if they play him 8-12 minutes a night in the right situations whatever.

honorable mentions- Andrew Brunette, Jack Skille

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I don't mind this signing for $800k. But we have enough mediocre D men where I don't see the need for him. and in general he was below average here. But hey....Stan LOVES to bring back worthless deadweight as a safety net for him. One of Stan's worst qualities. Or else we have zero league scouting....

Seriously Stan.....no more bringing back shitty players that used to play with us. I expect a Brandon Manning signing imminent the way Stan works.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't mind this signing for $800k. But we have enough mediocre D men where I don't see the need for him. and in general he was below average here. But hey....Stan LOVES to bring back worthless deadweight as a safety net for him. One of Stan's worst qualities. Or else we have zero league scouting....

Seriously Stan.....no more bringing back shitty players that used to play with us. I expect a Brandon Manning signing imminent the way Stan works.

I’d have preferred they brought in someone who is more defensive minded. This team as is should have enough offense.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Last Top 4 D drafted and developed by the Blackhawks was Nik Hjalmarsson
I'd argue that neither Dale Tallon nor Stan Bowman has/had any idea how to evaluate defensemen.
They've struggled to evaluate or add defenders for 15 years. Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson bailed them out until they couldn't anymore.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Last Top 4 D drafted and developed by the Blackhawks was Nik Hjalmarsson

Looks even worse when you factor in they recently traded away two former first round picks in Bo and Joker, and Beaudin another first round pick has looked not great.

You’d think at some point we’d just get lucky…. But man talk about a brutal track record.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad