Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Erik Gustafsson

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Declaring any pick as a bust a few months after his draft is pretty much a confirmation you have no clue.

Funny, because for a while I think a few people on this board actually thought you knew what you were talking about.
People ignore the truth if they don't like it

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You mean "in your opinion".
Why you overrate Murphy like you do is somewhat baffling to me. There's no chance that he is a top-4 on a contender. Not even close.

He actually tried to claim that Murphy wouldn’t crack the 6th spot on the Hawks cup winning teams. This is 100% inaccurate. Rundblad, Nick B, Sopel…should I go on?

Murphy is a good 3D, this is not overating him. This is a fact as both the numbers and eye test show this. If you are baffled by this then I don’t know what to tell you.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Murphy reminds me of Johnny Oduya, not good enough on his own, but when paired with the right Dman can be an adequate shut down guy. He's a 3/4 on his good nights. a 5/6 on his bad nights. His problem is consistency.

He has been consistently good the last two seasons but i agree with his first season here.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
We didn’t draft Forsling.
Yes, the point is that even if the Hawks kept 14' picks to draft dmen, it's a bad idea most years after the first couple dozen picks. Looking at any single method of acquisition is kind of pointless without looking at everything.

Picking apart the drafts of dmen, with expectaions of a top 4, in 2010-2016, is kind of ridiculous. If the top 3 were a little quicker in 17' against Nashville I don't think they spend 2 picks on Dmen that early either.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Murphy, like De Haan, are very good.

They just kind of suck at the staying uninjured part.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He actually tried to claim that Murphy wouldn’t crack the 6th spot on the Hawks cup winning teams. This is 100% inaccurate. Rundblad, Nick B, Sopel…should I go on?

Murphy is a good 3D, this is not overating him. This is a fact as both the numbers and eye test show this. If you are baffled by this then I don’t know what to tell you.
Well, that part I do agree with you but I don't agree with your blanket statement: "none of that is remotely accurate".

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
vs Preds = 6:21 TOI
vs Penguins = 8:06 TOI

Why on earth is he still with Hawks? He is terrible out there

Why is he on this team over Beaudin and Galvas? How much longer are Kalynuk and Jones out?

Send Gus away already

Stan's last move. It was as unimaginative as bringing back Ladd, Shaw, Saad again. Glad we don't have to see anymore off his crappy moves anymore.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
vs Preds = 6:21 TOI
vs Penguins = 8:06 TOI

Why on earth is he still with Hawks? He is terrible out there

Why is he on this team over Beaudin and Galvas? How much longer are Kalynuk and Jones out?

Send Gus away already
Why are you complaining about successful results?

This is idiotic. You know this, they will be back soon from injury, Kalynuk is getting a recovery bit in rockford and the prospects are better off not being rushed.

Instead a low icetime usage to fill in which literally had positive results and outcomes, is not some flabbergasted awful thing. And anyway he may of played prior with JC is also irrelevant now.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We have two young defenders in Rockford who bring more to table and should be playing over this waste of a roster spot
Or is it better to have Gus playing 7 sheltered minutes a night rather than a young kid who needs the ice time to develop? In RFD the kid(s) on the blue line will typically play triple the amount of ice time, or more ... and play in all situations.
I say if they're not 100 percent ready for the NHL leave them in the minors to gain the experience needed.

That said, I think Kalynuk could be NHL ready and I think Caleb is close as well. Gus is a stop-gap solution.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Or is it better to have Gus playing 7 sheltered minutes a night rather than a young kid who needs the ice time to develop? In RFD the kid(s) on the blue line will typically play triple the amount of ice time, or more ... and play in all situations.
I say if they're not 100 percent ready for the NHL leave them in the minors to gain the experience needed.

That said, I think Kalynuk could be NHL ready and I think Caleb is close as well. Gus is a stop-gap solution.
I certainly agree hes a gap, not sure how much stopping he ever does.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Those young kids would be playing more then Gus

They aren't complete trash on ice like Gus

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Those young kids would be playing more then Gus

They are complete trash on ice like Gus
He in those minutes hasn't been complete trash on ice... what is with people on here lately.

Complain about the prope giving up numerous terrible shots against and try against not those generating more offensive puck control.

Suddenly the team has a positive couple results and all the complaints are at the people giving positive or neutral results instead of those still being actively bad.

He's a stop gap, and found in a sheltered role while a couple guys return and get healthy that's not actively harmed the team more than helped it. That's no a terrible thing at all!

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

I was under the impression Kalynuk was in Rockford for conditioning?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Gus isn't scoring and that's a problem. Him and Connelly will be buying Impossible Burgers at Burger King for the youngans in Rockford often.

Reactions: Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad