Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Anton Wedin

All blacks

Dec 18, 2017
Why,do we sign these guys.From everything I read,he is nothing special.At best,he will be a 4th line player,don’t we have enough guys in Rockford that can fill that void?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why,do we sign these guys.From everything I read,he is nothing special.At best,he will be a 4th line player,don’t we have enough guys in Rockford that can fill that void?
I trust our Euro scouts...we are not deep at young forwards in our system, the more lotto tickets the better, just hope NHL ice time is not being promised here.

Kubalik is legit and he will be in the NHL with us next year.

Barratt did not sign, Wise needs a big rebound year, and Entwistle and Kurashev should be solid players in Rockford next year. We have a few kids right now, competition is good.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
We need forward depth like crazy... If he can step in and help solidify our bottom six, I'm on board.

Hopefully we're done with the days of Hayden or Kruger or Kunitz taking regular shifts.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Nilsaf

Oct 22, 2013
Sweden
Anton played for my team in Sweden, Timra IK. He's from a nearby city and has only played for Sundsvall and Timra. He had a big breakout year this season in the SHL, following an okay season in the second tier where he was injured for parts of the season.

In the playoffs for promotion that season (17/18) he got paired up with Jonathan Dahlen and you started to see some flashes of what he would go on to do this season in the SHL.

In the three last seasons he battled some injuries but before that he had some promising years in the second tier in Sweden. This year he was spectacular on a really bad Timra team, 14+13 in 32 games. Real good skater, strong on the puck and a shoot which he has improved greatly over the years. He had such confidence with the puck and was always dangerous, despite playing with subpar players. Played big minutes on both special teams. Timra had a 15-37 record and a really weak team this year and he carried them until he got a foot injury in early 2019.

He only played 32 games in the SHL but over that time he was one of the best players in the league. On the Timra team they only really had one other player who could score at a decent rate, Filip Hallander (Pens prospect). He got back to the relegation playoffs where he and Hallander on the same line was Timras best players, even though you could see that he wasn't in the same form as earlier in the season.

He had gotten called up to the national team earlier in the season and was after the season ended, invited again and was one of the last cuts from the WC-squad in favour of Alexander Wennberg. He played alright in the games leading up to the World Championships and was according to some wrongly cut from the team.

I think he could be a good bottom six winger in the NHL. He has the speed and work ethic to be a good modern bottom six player. He is your typical Swede, well behaved and humble. I hope he gets a chance with the Blackhawks and I will for sure keep an eye on him. Take good care of Anton.

The third goal was an OT winner and his best of the season.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Anton played for my team in Sweden, Timra IK. He's from a nearby city and has only played for Sundsvall and Timra. He had a big breakout year this season in the SHL, following an okay season in the second tier where he was injured for parts of the season.

In the playoffs for promotion that season (17/18) he got paired up with Jonathan Dahlen and you started to see some flashes of what he would go on to do this season in the SHL.

In the three last seasons he battled some injuries but before that he had some promising years in the second tier in Sweden. This year he was spectacular on a really bad Timra team, 14+13 in 32 games. Real good skater, strong on the puck and a shoot which he has improved greatly over the years. He had such confidence with the puck and was always dangerous, despite playing with subpar players. Played big minutes on both special teams. Timra had a 15-37 record and a really weak team this year and he carried them until he got a foot injury in early 2019.

He only played 32 games in the SHL but over that time he was one of the best players in the league. On the Timra team they only really had one other player who could score at a decent rate, Filip Hallander (Pens prospect). He got back to the relegation playoffs where he and Hallander on the same line was Timras best players, even though you could see that he wasn't in the same form as earlier in the season.

He had gotten called up to the national team earlier in the season and was after the season ended, invited again and was one of the last cuts from the WC-squad in favour of Alexander Wennberg. He played alright in the games leading up to the World Championships and was according to some wrongly cut from the team.

I think he could be a good bottom six winger in the NHL. He has the speed and work ethic to be a good modern bottom six player. He is your typical Swede, well behaved and humble. I hope he gets a chance with the Blackhawks and I will for sure keep an eye on him. Take good care of Anton.

The third goal was an OT winner and his best of the season.

thanks for the scouting report, it sounds and looks like he could be a useful player

Reactions: Nilsaf

Geoist

May 1, 2015

Bottom six was one of the Hawks' weaknesses last season. Let the battle it out and earn their place.

Reactions: LDF

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Has signed with Chicago

What a weird career. Barely a 15 point scorer in the Swedish 2nd tier league from age 20-24 and then in his age 25 season puts up 27 points in 32 games in the SHL.

Sometimes there are late-bloomers and maturing, finding your fit and what skills work with present opportunity and applying them positively.
Definitely quantum scientific intellectual supremacy factors come into play to warp previous misconceptions/ conceptions and opportunism output lining up to the current situation in a positive light. Thus, implicating expectations reallisticallyfor Wedin to shine and produce plus 70 points, because he will wear a Black Hawks jersey and it is all meant to be. QUANTUM LEAP stuff yah know. Sorry y'all. I got clobbered on the noggin at work today. This is my present outcome of said event! Go Hawks Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad