GDT: Hawks @ Sens 6pm 3/28/24 NBC sports Chicago (opening day… yay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I still don't understand the Hawks waiving Katchouk and keeping Raddysh. Raddysh is f***ing terrible. He brings absolutely nothing.

Raddysh, Entwistle, Tinordi, Zaitsev, Megna.... I hate all of these players and cannot wait until they are off this team.
Didn't like it at the time. The occasionally useful player is gone. The consistently bad ones are still here.

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Didn't like it at the time. The occasionally useful player is gone. The consistently bad ones are still here.
I seem to recall that the organization didn’t want to put Entwistle and Reese Johnson on waivers to start the year.

That tells me a few things. One, they were scared they weren’t going to clear, and two that they thought that mattered at all.

I’m legit scared the pro scouting is still terrible because those guys would 100% clear, they aren’t NHL players. If anybody in the organization thought those two weren’t going to clear and that it would affect the team at all, they need to be fired yesterday.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Have they played together lately? Let me see it not work. Then I'll be convinced!
It was tried for a couple of periods a few games ago, I want to say in the LA game where they got shut out 5-0. They looked terrible together. Their games are a complete clash. AA just wants to have the puck and go fast, Bedard needs linemates who can play at multiple speeds and understand how to fill the space given by the D. This is also why Donato is a terrible linemate for Bedard but at least he grinds and wins pucks sometimes.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I seem to recall that the organization didn’t want to put Entwistle and Reese Johnson on waivers to start the year.

That tells me a few things. One, they were scared they weren’t going to clear, and two that they thought that mattered at all.

I’m legit scared the pro scouting is still terrible because those guys would 100% clear, they aren’t NHL players. If anybody in the organization thought those two weren’t going to clear and that it would affect the team at all, they need to be fired yesterday.
They work hard and they work hard every night. Katchouk doesn't. LuRich likes those guys. You don't want a GM making roster decisions his head coach doesn't like.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I don't think Entwistle or Johnson play regularly on any other team in the NHL... I'm not sure if them being with the team all year is on the coaching staff, or management, but it's absolutely absurd.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It was tried for a couple of periods a few games ago, I want to say in the LA game where they got shut out 5-0. They looked terrible together. Their games are a complete clash. AA just wants to have the puck and go fast, Bedard needs linemates who can play at multiple speeds and understand how to fill the space given by the D. This is also why Donato is a terrible linemate for Bedard but at least he grinds and wins pucks sometimes.
AA is a unicorn. Good linemates don't change his game. Neither do bad ones. He's an absolute terror in transition but that's it.

The guy legitimately would be best served with two defensive wingers like Blackwell chucking the puck in front of him and letting AA skate at guys.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A couple of periods doesn't cut it for me.

It's not like Hawks are playing for anything but pride these days. I say mix up the lines and see if there's any combo that is beyond bad. Nothing to lose.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
There was a tim I admittedly thought Entwistle could turn into a solid checking 4th liner as he grew older, but he just doesn't have it in between the ears.

Also was Foligno barking at Jones after that first goal? Telling him to wake tf up?

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
A couple of periods doesn't cut it for me.

It's not like Hawks are playing for anything but pride these days. I say mix up the lines and see if there's any combo that is beyond bad. Nothing to lose.
To each their own. AA is occasionally very fun to watch but he is more often than not too much of a doofus to play effectively with Bedard. I don't really need to see more of that combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad