GDT: Hawks @ Oilers 11.25.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville tells WGN Radio that Marian Hossa is likely out tonight, but should be back the rest of the trip.

Also, Handzus might be back either tonight or against Calgary on Wednesday.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hope all is well with Hoss and family and he is able to rejoin things on Wed.

Really hope that Q finally gives a start to Raanta tonight.

krazyhawk

Jan 9, 2006
Montreal/Nova Scotia
Might not be too bad if he's back Wed. at least we can hope.

I would rather Crawford play tonite and Raanta tomorrow.It's a reasonable assumption that Edm will get a lot more quality shots than Cal. so I would prefer to ease Raanta in rather than toss him to the wolves so to speak.I know some people say just put him in and lets see what he can do,but these folks probably teach their kids to swim by throwing them off the end of the dock.Sure it works for some,but it also traumatizes others so much they never go in the water again.I say Crawford against the higher powered team tonite,then a couple days off before he plays again.Raanta tomorrow vs CAL and hopefully he plays well enough that Q wont mind giving him the Pho game too.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Might not be too bad if he's back Wed. at least we can hope.

I would rather Crawford play tonite and Raanta tomorrow.It's a reasonable assumption that Edm will get a lot more quality shots than Cal. so I would prefer to ease Raanta in rather than toss him to the wolves so to speak.I know some people say just put him in and lets see what he can do,but these folks probably teach their kids to swim by throwing them off the end of the dock.Sure it works for some,but it also traumatizes others so much they never go in the water again.I say Crawford against the higher powered team tonite,then a couple days off before he plays again.Raanta tomorrow vs CAL and hopefully he plays well enough that Q wont mind giving him the Pho game too.

It makes more sense schedule wise for him to play tonight and then against Dallas on Friday, with CC playing in Glendale on Saturday.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah if we don't see him tonight I'm not expecting to see him til the weekend back to back and Id rather he get his feet wet in Alberta than against that Benn-Seguin line in his first outing.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Anyone else concerned about this game? The Hawks seem to struggle with teams that can match their speed (COL/EDM here recently), and the Oilers seems to be figuring things out offensively here recently.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
It'd be interesting to see Raanta against a team that has historically been able to catch our skaters sleeping. He might not get a lot of help.

Hopefully Hoss coming back for the rest of the trip means his family got some good news.

Adrian05

Jul 3, 2011
Yes...Corey Crawford is first Blackhawks goaltender off the ice. I do not understand why not Antti Raanta? Crawford has the right to be tired...

‏@MarkLazerus
#Blackhawks lines: Sharp-Toews-Saad, Handzus-Pirri-Kane, Versteeg-Shaw-Morin, Bollig-Kruger-Smith. Hossa expected back in Calgary.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Yes...Corey Crawford is first Blackhawks goaltender off the ice. I do not understand why not Antti Raanta? Crawford has the right to be tired...

‏@MarkLazerus
#Blackhawks lines: Sharp-Toews-Saad, Handzus-Pirri-Kane, Versteeg-Shaw-Morin, Bollig-Kruger-Smith. Hossa expected back in Calgary.

:help:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I guess were just not gonna see Raanta except for on back to backs and the Hawks are gonna try to ride Crow for 70 games.

Zus at wing tonight should be... interesting.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I guess Q wants a little more breathing room in the conference standings before he rests Crawford.

Doesn't make much sense considering it's not even Thanksgiving yet.

Adrian05

Jul 3, 2011
I would like to see in the second line Ben Smith or Kris Versteeg. Meanwhile, see probably Michal Handzus :D

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Crawford is probably telling Q he isn't tired. I just don't see Q playing him to death unless Crawford is telling him he's fine. Also remember in 2011 Crawford played a ridiculous amount in the 2nd half when he took the job from Turco.

CertainAffinity*

‏@MarkLazerus

I don't care how many cups he's won, Q is a moron.

That Saad-Pirri-Kane line was finally really starting to click and dominate in possession, in no small part due to Saad's ability to forecheck, pursue and retrieve the puck.

And Handzus can barely skate. Yeah, that will make a great addition to that line you ****ing moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad