Post-Game Talk: Hawks obliterate Avalanche, 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

matt-duchene-paul-stastny-o.gif

Oh wait.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Just downright awesome game. Sharp with the game of his career, too.

Yeah it was.

Hopefully the sleepwalk through the 3rd period means we'll have something left in the tank against StL tomorrow night. I certainly hope so as I'll be there. Can't wait for that game.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
No complaints. Sharp was ****ing awesome, first & second line were great, Kane kept the point streak alive to 13 games, special teams were solid. Fun stuff to watch.

Just hope they play like this tomorrow v the Blues. Really want to beat them.

Nothingman*

If I would be coach and the score would say winner is decided already (like lead / trail by five after 40 minutes), I would absolutely tell the players to play for the result of that single period and forget what the score of the whole game is.

That would be fine if we didn't have a game with the blues tomorrow night. Gotta save a little energy.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If I would be coach and the score would say winner is decided already (like lead / trail by five after 40 minutes), I would absolutely tell the players to play for the result of that single period and forget what the score of the whole game is.

There is also this thing about easing off so you don't embarrass the opposition. We won by 5 goals, no need to pick on the team because they didnt win by 7

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't think players should do that. Coach can change that much that the lower lines plays a lot more, but I don't think players should quit.

The other team is one of the best in the conference, the Hawks did not quit. Cant believe this is even a discussion

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
There is also this thing about easing off so you don't embarrass the opposition. We won by 5 goals, no need to pick on the team because they didnt win by 7

I don't think that the right way to "not embarrass the opponent" is to totally quit on defense. Like Seabrook obviously did. If you don't want to embarrass the opponent, then in my opinion the way to do it is to keep the puck and kill the time off the clock.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
God if this is a spring board to get Toews going again.. look out.

And Avs are lucky this wasn't 10-2. Even though Hawks D-men didn't pressure the points/O zone in the third, the forwards were still creating scoring chances. (As well as Bollig being completely useless on offense) Varly pretty much kept that game to least embarrassing for them instead of laughable.

Nothingman*

God if this is a spring board to get Toews going again.. look out.

And Avs are lucky this wasn't 10-2. Even though Hawks D-men didn't pressure the points/O zone in the third, the forwards were still creating scoring chances. (As well as Bollig being completely useless on offense) Varly pretty much kept that game to least embarrassing for them instead of laughable.

Can I complain about one thing. That being the boat anchor Bollig. Mt god does he suck ass. And I am totally serious. When the rest of the team is rolling and his worthless ass shows up on the ice you notice it.

Nothingman*

I think "smart hockey" starts from not making defensive blunders and in my opinion both Avalanche goals were defensive blunders.

There were mistakes there for sure. Raanta had no chance. I think we will take 2GA every game though. Those mistakes happen in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad