Post-Game Talk: Hawks lose in the SO in Detroit - 1/22/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Our third line of Bickell/Zus/Versteeg is pretty much useless so far. Not seeing that combo lasting

ralph0226

Jun 1, 2010
Hogwash, teams go on streaks and change several times per season. Post Olympic break is going to be a the 2nd season.

You guys act like the Hawks are getting blown out of games.

So their team defense will magically get better after the Olympics?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I am starting to think the first line needs to be broken up. Our best defenders together is hurting the other lines. I am sick of seeing Kane's line pinned in our own end constantly.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Our third line of Bickell/Zus/Versteeg is pretty much useless so far. Not seeing that combo lasting

Lines will probably be shaken up come playoff time. When they're at this point in the season with points on the board, they need to start auditioning the number 2 C spot to Rockford kids (Danault or McNeil, then Teravainen). If it wasn't for Carcillo going down, who knows when Saad would have seen the top 6. People might be ready and we don't even know it. I know its not ideal to have them playing top 6 come playoff time, but Zus is done. He just can't keep up. He should have been getting the Rosy treatment all year to keep him fresh.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-"Audition"-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

or (my preference) its time to reunite...
Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-"Audition"-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

Nothingman*

Agreed the third line is invisible right now. Just the anchor #26 not really helping. Zero points in 12 games.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The perfect spot for Pirri?
Sharp and Hossa could pick up whatever defensive slack he brings and they may just put up a ton of points.

I say give Danault and McNeil a try as well. They know what they got in Pirri. I don't know if they have a roster spot though. 8 Dman is silly at this point. Should have been carrying 5 centers.

Nothingman*

Shaw to the second has not really jump started them. Having him on the third really clicked. Just.....who on the second is the question.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Lines will probably be shaken up come playoff time. When they're at this point in the season with points on the board, they need to start auditioning the number 2 C spot to Rockford kids (Danault or McNeil, then Teravainen). If it wasn't for Carcillo going down, who knows when Saad would have seen the top 6. People might be ready and we don't even know it. I know its not ideal to have them playing top 6 come playoff time, but Zus is done. He just can't keep up. He should have been getting the Rosy treatment all year to keep him fresh.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-"Audition"-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

or (my preference) its time to reunite...
Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-"Audition"-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

Great in theory, but with Handzus blackmailing Q with those naked shower pictures I dont see it happening. I hate to wish for a player injury, but it may be the only way Zus gets shelved.

neodydan

Jul 4, 2011
I hate the Red Wings unies so much. Looks like the Red Army circa 30+ years ago. Just slap a hammer and sickle on there and CCCP and there you have it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another "Point Taken" on the road no doubt to be headlinrd and lauded as some kind of accomplishment by the marketing dept. But are we fams not getting sock of such OT/SO loss one pointers? Which on this case they hardly deserved becaise they did not compete in the first 2 periods..And so if they think a fraction of a game plus OT and SO is enough work to win a game...which it was not..then we got major problems from team lazy..Also Kane has Stunk all January...and again tonight failed to remond antone why he is supposed to be a star and a difference-maker..instead.Mr. Invisible and lets DET grunts easily check him so that he is no threat...just awful from him...again. WTF has happened to him? Maybe he has fallen off the wahon like RobFord? Or turned into a zombie...cause he is playing like the Living Dead? Maybe we ought to bring in Bieber to throw eggs at #88..sure you cannot blame him for a team stink but still when an alleged."star" is no star. well,it is like playing down a man..could use some contribution from him and at least some effort.
We get a point on the road...big deal..Nobody can be happy with how our team and some MIA guys played in this game.They had better play better tomorrow night. I hope Q ripped into them for this and I hope he bag skates of not the ebtire team than his.missing star..#88.. A big FAIL..And I have to see the Leags win 7 in a row.I have to see Kessell,Nash and other highly pais stars actually star.for their tems in January? Whilst.watchinh Kane go to khaka status.? If we are not going to play good defense at.least.outscore the opponent!.But that is very hard wjem one of your key stars turns ineffective and is just a living deadweoght. I want to vommit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad