GDT: Hawks @ Kings 9:30 NBC sports Chicago 4/18/24 (The end!)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Your job as a D there isn't to take the puck or be too aggressive. It's 3 on 3 hockey. Your job is to keep him wide. Your goalies job is to make a routine f***ing save. That is in no way on KK.
Yeah, not even sure why he plays with a stick at all then. Didn't know the faceoff dot was wide either.

Its a good shot by a guy with a great release. Would like a save, would like a defender to use his stick. Didn't realize it was controversial.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Dragging the stick along like its a leash. Its a 1 on 1, get stick on puck.
The fact that you still haven't mentioned Soda giving up a f***ing beer league goal in 3 on 3 OT is just... I don't know what.

It's blatantly obvious that you have a bias against KK and get tunnel vision any time he makes a mistake. Which is kinda silly considering the trash he has been saddled with all season as his partner, and the fact that he's the youngest D in the NHL. You've been this way about KK from the very beginning for some reason.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Soderblom shouldn't have had the start anyway, what was the point of keeping Mrazek around. Fitting end to the year.

36-13 shots. lmao.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m just gonna come out and say it….I’ll be pleasantly surprised if KK ends up as a key piece to the puzzle when it’s all said and done. I just don’t see it happening. And then there’s Vlasic who I feel the exact opposite about. I’m like certain he’s gonna be a force back there for years to come.
This kind of logic is what Stan used and cost us the likes of Schmaltz, Danault, Hartman, Teuvo and Forsling. And we ended up with absolutely nothing from it.

Might want to relax.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Finished the season on a 6 game losing streak.

Richardson really got the boys to give a solid effort to round out the worst season in recent memory

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, not even sure why he plays with a stick at all then. Didn't know the faceoff dot was wide either.

Its a good shot by a guy with a great release. Would like a save, would like a defender to use his stick. Didn't realize it was controversial.

Your bias is showing. His stick is there to prevent the toe drag or the cut across the middle. Again, YOU KEEP HIM WIDE. Soderblom absolutely has to have that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Your bias is showing. His stick is there to prevent the toe drag or the cut across the middle. Again, YOU KEEP HIM WIDE. Soderblom absolutely has to have that.
Kempe a lefty so a toe drag is going to take puck even further away from the stick. He played it bad. If you want a save then fine but its not good stick position. Its bad 1 on 1 defense.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Some things to be excited about fellas. Some things to be worried about. Should be a fun off season.
A lot more to be worried about. This team is missed at least 6-8 actual NHL players. Not difference makers, but just actual NHL players.

Not to mention a terrible HC who will likely be back

The roster is going to need a ton of work and I don’t know if I have faith in Davison. Just too hard to tell.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kempe a lefty so a toe drag is going to take puck even further away from the stick. He played it bad. If you want a save then fine but its not good stick position. Its bad 1 on 1 defense.
I didn't really like his stick positioning there, but AGAIN, that's an absolute shit goal to give up... Absolute trash from a guy who has been absolute trash all season.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
And if it deflects off his stick and in the net, you’re blaming him anyways. How I was taught growing up is to get your stick out of the way so the goalie faces a clean shot, easier to save.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A lot more to be worried about. This team is missed at least 6-8 actual NHL players. Not difference makers, but just actual NHL players.

Not to mention a terrible HC who will likely be back

The roster is going to need a ton of work and I don’t know if I have faith in Davison. Just too hard to tell.
A rebuild usually isn’t pretty to start

It’s all on @Rooh now!!!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
A lot more to be worried about.
No it's not. NHL team did exactly what it was supposed to, tank and collect a draft pick. Biggest worry this year would have been if Bedard was terrible. While it wasn't 100 points or whatever, he showed his capabilities before hitting a rookie wall. Most of the roster won't be around and is easy to replace because there aren't many long-term commitments. Free Agents will always exist whenever you need to go on a two year spending spree to finish 9th (see Detroit), but in the meantime the Hawks are stocking the prospect pool and giving young players an opportunity to establish themselves. As one would expect, mixed results but there are other guys besides Bedard to feel good about.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Maybe not the best decision to have Bedard Kurashev and KK out to start OT with Soderblum as your goalie? That’s not exactly a stellar defensive 3.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
A very common move (that even I do, myself, in beer league) is to drag the puck back a bit like I am shooting, and then open my blade up, and cut straight across the middle. Either with a little flip of the puck, or just straight stick handle. You have to prevent that. The only complaint you could have on that is him being more aggressive, but he played that perfectly fine.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I’m just gonna come out and say it….I’ll be pleasantly surprised if KK ends up as a key piece to the puzzle when it’s all said and done. I just don’t see it happening. And then there’s Vlasic who I feel the exact opposite about. I’m like certain he’s gonna be a force back there for years to come.
Vlasic was less impressive this time last year and he was older than KK is now.

Might be a mistake to underestimate Korchinski's potential based on his play as a 19yo.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Korchinski and Soderblom BOTH f***ed up

I'm not even sure what some of y'all are arguing about lol
Yeah, but there are quite a few here that just absolutely dump on KK for every little mistake... while the goalie lets in a garbage goal and it's not even really mentioned by anyone outside a couple.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Your job as a D there isn't to take the puck or be too aggressive. It's 3 on 3 hockey. Your job is to keep him wide. Your goalies job is to make a routine f***ing save. That is in no way on KK.
I’m not saying it’s on Korchinski. I agree he played it well enough. Just looked to me like he thought there was a trailer when there wasn’t (which isn’t on him. Needs to be called out)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad