Speculation: Hawks & Individual Award Finalist Snubs- Historically Unprecedented?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
crosby and iginla both did literally the exact same thing on the islanders' second goal last night...

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
Blackhawks Snubbed?

The list of the major award finalists have been listed, and other than Saad for the Calder no Blackhawk appears on the list.
I am a lifelong Wings fan, I picked the Hawks to run away with the West before the season, too deep, too talented, I figured if they could survive average goaltending the division was theirs, Crawford and Razor actually stepped up and the team went even higher than I thought they would.

The Blackhawks remind me of the Scotty Bowman led Red Wings, the Wings won the cup in 1997, 1998 and 2002 without major award winners. They won as a TEAM which is how I see the current Hawks club, Toews reminds me more and more of Yzerman, his dedication and will to win above individual glory, this club is built to win not win awards. Kudos to the organization for putting a team together the right way.

member 151739

Ovechkin was great defensively today. Let me find a gif of him blocking all those shots.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Ovechkin was great defensively today. Let me find a gif of him blocking all those shots.

I've been a huge supporter of his generally much improved d play this year, but even i was surprised with his d commitment today

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
personally, i don't really have a problem with any of it. the hawks were/are good because they play a great team game. its not particularly conducive to individual recognition and i don't really think anyone got "snubbed", unless toews isn't a selke finalist (not sure on that).

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
They announce the Selke finalist yet?

Not yet, likely to be either Toews or Datsyuk.

My point simply is that individual awards are not what this team is about, the Hawks are built to go for the big one this year and moving forward. As a Wing fan I will miss the Hawks, I always circle the games on the schedule, but overall, glad to be going to the East

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
The only award I care about is the Stanley Cup. I agree that it is all about team success, I'd rather have that than having individual success. It shows how this team doesn't really have to rely on anyone, it's a group effort.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
The problem wasn't that they weren't good enough, but rather too many players that played well as a team. Kane/Toews stood out, but the fact that they were both so good hurt them.

Let's go get the important trophy :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad