Pre-Game Talk: Hawks in the SENS Den, Tues 7:30 pm on TSN

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
He was a free agent to be when we got him. Who wants him with 5.5 million owed to him next year and 4 million the next?

I could be wrong, but I could definitely see a team stepping up and taking him. I think he could be a perfect fit for the Islanders. His contract isn't that horrible for a starting goalie, and I think he has enough street cred based on his career for a team to take a chance. Carolina could also be a good destination but I am unsure of their financial situation because of Darling.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ryan is lazy with his stick. That's why he always gets his hands injured. Always one hand on the stick and unprepared to make a play. As a result, the reflex to block a shot results in the puck hitting the underside of the glove (inside of the hand where there's no padding). If he kept both hands on his stick, the puck would hit the thick padding on the outside of the fingers instead.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Lucky me. Watched the first period and then had to go out. What the hell happened? Chicago was lucky to come out of the first even, let alone with a lead.
White put rubber on Andersons pads
Anderson gave rebounds after rebounds
White got benched for that
Smith is a punk
We suck

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I could be wrong, but I could definitely see a team stepping up and taking him. I think he could be a perfect fit for the Islanders. His contract isn't that horrible for a starting goalie, and I think he has enough street cred based on his career for a team to take a chance. Carolina could also be a good destination but I am unsure of their financial situation because of Darling.

If he was a free agent, I think someone would take him, but with two more years and the way he’s playing? His age? I doubt it. I hope you’re right, but I think we’re stuck with him.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If he was a free agent, I think someone would take him, but with two more years and the way he’s playing? His age? I doubt it. I hope you’re right, but I think we’re stuck with him.
Were stuck with all our shhhiit
Lets hope Dahlin has a major impact next season

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I dont see why anyone thinks the tank should help with all these bad contracts on the books.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I bet you could move him to NYI with Thomas Greiss as a part of the deal, he makes 3.3 for 2 more years. Of course just fun speculation.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I bet you could move him to NYI with Thomas Greiss as a part of the deal, he makes 3.3 for 2 more years. Of course just fun speculation.

I guess it would save us some money. Either way, Isles can just let Halak go at season’s end and go after another guy. Greiss can backup or be bought out.

Greiss and Condon as our goalies the next two years? All aboard the tank train!

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I guess it would save us some money. Either way, Isles can just let Halak go at season’s end and go after another guy. Greiss can backup or be bought out.

Greiss and Condon as our goalies the next two years? All aboard the tank train!

There's an even better option...I bet Philly would trade us Elliott or Neuvirth for Anderson for a crack at better goaltending. It would save money as well.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
There's an even better option...I bet Philly would trade us Elliott or Neuvirth for Anderson for a crack at better goaltending. It would save money as well.

They are both signed up until the end of next year and don’t make much.

Who wants Andy right now the way he’s playing? How is he even an upgrade right now on those guys?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They are both signed up until the end of next year and don’t make much.

Who wants Andy right now the way he’s playing? How is he even an upgrade right now on those guys?

Because you're buying low, I would say Andy has far more potential to bounce back and bring you solid goaltending than Elliott, Greiss, or Neuvirth. Especially if you're making a playoff push. I think 2 more years is a crazy thing to be hung up over especially if you're a team like NY or Philly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Because you're buying low, I would say Andy has far more potential to bounce back and bring you solid goaltending than Elliott, Greiss, or Neuvirth. Especially if you're making a playoff push. I think 2 more years is a crazy thing to be hung up over especially if you're a team like NY or Philly.

But there are other options if you’re looking to upgrade you’re goaltending. Sure you’re buying low, but it’s a soon to be 37 year old owed 9.5 million over the next two seasons who has been awful this year. Could he bounce back? Sure, but what if he doesn’t? Then you’re stuck with amd old, overpaid goalie. How much of his struggles can be attributed to his age?

There’s also another factor here. How many times does a player get moved before an extension kicks in? Also, this team has so much respect for Anderson, I don’t think they’d move him unless he asked for it. So if he wants to be here starting next year, I think he’s here.

Complete dumbass move to extend him before the season began. No need to do it. None at all. And for 2 years? Jesus H Christ. Sign him for one if you’re going to extend him. God this team is dumb. f*** me.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
But there are other options if you’re looking to upgrade you’re goaltending. Sure you’re buying low, but it’s a soon to be 37 year old owed 9.5 million over the next two seasons who has been awful this year. Could he bounce back? Sure, but what if he doesn’t? Then you’re stuck with amd old, overpaid goalie. How much of his struggles can be attributed to his age?

There’s also another factor here. How many times does a player get moved before an extension kicks in? Also, this team has so much respect for Anderson, I don’t think they’d move him unless he asked for it. So if he wants to be here starting next year, I think he’s here.

Complete dumbass move to extend him before the season began. No need to do it. None at all. And for 2 years? Jesus H Christ. Sign him for one if you’re going to extend him. God this team is dumb. **** me.

But I am looking, and there really aren't any other options, at least UFA there aren't. Of course I don't know who is on the block either goaltending wise.

Its alright, he probably won't move obviously and put up a .940 save pct. next season so it's all good. :D

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Bunch of millionaires more concerned with picking which 6 star resort they’re going to stay at in the Bahamas instead of playing hockey. Total fantasy land these guys live in.

Reactions: Engineer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad