Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Flames - 11/27 - Hossa back, Raanta gets the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hossa back, Raanta to start, Q trolls everyone by putting Handzus back on the 2nd line

Nothingman*

Zus practicing on the second line? Color me not surprised.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Think Q is trying to end Kaner's point streak by starting Zus at 2C?

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
About time he gives Crawford a breather.

Let's just hope it isn't another 10 min brether!

That said, if things go sideways for the kid its to the point now where Q is going to have to take his lumps for this game because i really feel CC needs some rest.

it would be wonderful if the kid played well and could actually be counted on for a few "quality" starts otherwise I have no clue what they do to help CC out before he burns out.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If only I weren't committed to staying on my diet for another day until Thanksgiving in the unlikely hope that I'll just barely eek over 70 lbs lost for the year before the big cheat day, I'd be inclined to get a pizza and some beers and enjoy the game in style.

Instead, Cheerios, a Snapple, and a rice cake or two. Woooo....?

Nothingman*

If only I weren't committed to staying on my diet for another day until Thanksgiving in the unlikely hope that I'll just barely eek over 70 lbs lost for the year before the big cheat day, I'd be inclined to get a pizza and some beers and enjoy the game in style.

Instead, Cheerios, a Snapple, and a rice cake or two. Woooo....?

Gross.

But seriously...congrats on your weight loss!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Nothingman*

Interesting read. I think it does state that beer does add on to the belly. But wine/alcohol that is not mixed with other things like margaritas.....are ok. It is a different type of calorie and not a carb.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Some nice Quenneville brilliance. Throw Handzus who's been awful every game he's played this year onto the second line and take Pirri off the second line where he has been playing great.
Heh, if Bickell was healthy, Pirri would be scratched.
And Bollig would still be playing.

:laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Always looks forward to games against the Flames for some reason, and not in a hurrrrr easy 2 points sort of way.

Just always like the matchup.

SuperJoel

Nov 6, 2013
Can't wait to see Raanta tonight!

Just to put things into perspective, here is a clip from the finals he played last year and FYI : That is the one and only, sacred Finnish national anthem. It happens to be that there is a part that says "Ei vettä Raantaa rakkaampaa". It's pretty hard to give the exact translation for that but it means "Raanta, we love you the most". Roughly :)

National Anthem starts @2:00, and the part comes in at @2:20 & @2:47. (And yes, it's filmed with potato but the audio is decent)

A bit OT but let's go Hawks & Raanta! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad